Thread: CHip of the old MEGABITE

CHip of the old MEGABITE

Went fishing yesterday off Moolloolabah - essentially Caloundra wide toThe Banks 100m territory.

Those of you who remember Wayne (MEGABITE on Ausfish) IT guy who tragically passed away a couple of years back from MS left behind a wife and two boys. I took Cam and his mum, Cathryn along with new partner, Michael and his son, Josh offshore for a fish.

First up we went to 150m line off Caloundra and current was hard but just fishable - got a few perlies before they shut down.

I then went alond the 100m drop off working my way up toward The Banks and we got some more pearlies.

We wrapped it up mid-day as even though conditions were nice Camm was the only one in his tribe that didn't burley the ocean with stomach contents.

The Almanac said the day only rated as a 3 which is pretty low and I would say we saw lots and they were not hungry.

It was still a nice day out wether-wise although current made it a bit tough. The boat went well all through the 120km of travel so I reckon fuel issues are fixed.

Camm got the best fish of the day and is a very keen fisherman - definitely a chip off the old block.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camm.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	122662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201121_130011.jpg 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	122664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201121_125951.jpg 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	122663  
    Cheers

Trev

Re: CHip of the old MEGABITE

Great work Trev looks like a good day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent . I take it the Suzuki 175 issue is all solved now.

Awesome gesture. Nice too see the boat running well and great to see an offshore fishing report!!!!!

Nice work Trev...was there a bit of groundswell out wide unsettling the stomachs..?

Glad the motor seems to be sorted ..what an annoying drama that must have been..

Nice work Trev, that was a busy day we spent at Wayne's place getting it right for his wheelchair etc.. Your still doing great things mate -well done.

Pretty flat matr
    I think once people lose sight of shore they have nothing to settle them plus a bit anxious and away they go
    Some blame was put on bait it was all fresh but cutting into mullet
    Anyway one after another proclaimed bullet proof but imploded
    And the boat is very stable
    Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Nice work Trev...was there a bit of groundswell out wide unsettling the stomachs..?

Glad the motor seems to be sorted ..what an annoying drama that must have been..
    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    Cheers

Trev

Michael and Cathryn recently bought a boat but know little about fishing
    Next season when snapper are on I'll get him out
    He must take pills though
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Nice work Trev, that was a busy day we spent at Wayne's place getting it right for his wheelchair etc.. Your still doing great things mate -well done.
    Cheers

Trev

Ran perfectly

Gotta get out using it now
    Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Excellent . I take it the Suzuki 175 issue is all solved now.
    Cheers

Trev

For seasickness tabs, the Carina Day and Night pharmacy (Old Cleveland Rd, Carina) is a compounding chemist and makes a motion sickness tablet that works extremely well. Similar to the version ET promotes.

My cousin suffers really bad motion sickness in cars, buses, trains planes etc, let alone boats. Taking 1 tablet per day from there sorts her out 100% and no nasty side effects like dry mouth or putting you to sleep.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    For seasickness tabs, the Carina Day and Night pharmacy (Old Cleveland Rd, Carina) is a compounding chemist and makes a motion sickness tablet that works extremely well. Similar to the version ET promotes.

My cousin suffers really bad motion sickness in cars, buses, trains planes etc, let alone boats. Taking 1 tablet per day from there sorts her out 100% and no nasty side effects like dry mouth or putting you to sleep.
    Might get some for future use - thanks

I tried Josh on travacalm but he was beyond saving and just chucked it up
    Cheers

Trev

Also best if the first one is taken the night before.

An old ex Chemist told me that Aniseed lollies are the go, I have used them many times on sea sick prone visitors and they work, just plain old Aniseed balls or a Choo Choo bar if you can find them.