Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha F350 D/C to D/C Lithium House Batteries Yes or No

Re: Yamaha F350 D/C to D/C Lithium House Batteries Yes or No

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Nice thorough assessment. Geez the big Furuno's got some draw!

This is solid advice for new players
    unfortunately you cant afford to cut corners with boating- go cheap and you're either not going to make it home or you'll be up for some expensive towing bills. Easy if you dont plan on going too far off shore but my average trip is 300-400kms on the water and easily more than 100kms from land...

Quote Originally Posted by baitable View Post
    anchor light, lewmar windless, autopilot, autopilot pump, nav lights, remote search light, deckwash, cabin lights, radio, tzt 16 inch furuno, fcv 588 furuno, fresh water pump, led flood lights, sat compass, 3x cabin fans. I took the max amp rating in my calcs then allowed for more than generous usage of each item. I'd rather be over gunned with battery storage on the water than undergunned.

biggest use of power is from the tzt 16 inch. I allowed 4.7 amps per hour over a 16 hour period...
    No room left for a pie warmer?

Hi there, Interesting post do you know if l was to connect a solar regulator to the house batteries? Would they clash ? Different voltage. Cheers

Not sure on the Yammie but I run the dual charging circuits on my DF150AP zuke and it pretty much splits the output in two circuits so bear that in mind. I would 100% go with the DC to DC charging like a Sterling Pro Charge B as they can be changed with a magnet to suit Lithium. I have a 12V- 24v version for Minn Kota 24v battery set up and I never have to worry about charging them. Splitting the charge doesn't really worry my set up as I am only running the standard - no fridges or pie warmers and am more than happy to do away with the VSR and have both crank house batteries getting charge from the get go. Having said that about the Sterling, I have an issue with it that can only resolved with a software update apparently as it will not switch off by itself so I have had to install a master switch from the house battery positive that powers it. Ive bought the Minn Kota version to replace it as I like that it has two separate circuits to charge the 12 volt batteries rather than 24v single like the Sterling.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into the separate charging circuits ! Cheers