Thread: Hards from noosa 23/10/2020

Hards from noosa 23/10/2020

Gday guys, just a quick report from the Hards. We left noosa at 7.30am Friday with the intention of staying out wide overnight. Tried to get bait on the way for nil. Kept heading wide in pretty good conditions. Found a rock on had a play.
    We got 10 of the biggest pearlies we have ever caught. We ended up with pearlies, bag limit of parrot and snapper. We pulled the pin at 7.00pm with the wind well up. We crossed the bar at 9.15pm. Was a really good trip.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2868.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	122494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2871.JPG 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	122495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2882.JPG 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	122496Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2888.JPG 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	122497Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2892.jpg 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	122498

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Hards from noosa 23/10/2020

Very jealous well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome find.
    Pays to look around. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracking pearlies mate, good work

Man that's a big day. I get exhausted from that sort of adventure, but it's a "good"exhausted. Nice bag.

The hards can be one of the most frustrating places to fish. It seems to go one of four ways.

1. The fish are there but don’t want to feed.
    2. the fish are there and want to feed but the current is running 5knots.
    3. The fish are there and want to feed but the weather blows up.
    4. the fish are there and want to feed and all the stars align to put a bait in front of them. Mayhem ensues.

sometimes I forget I’m there to fish not troll around looking at how good the shows on the sounder are. It’s been 18 months or so since I’ve been up there and I’m stinging to get back seeing those pearlies.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Hey Sheik, yeh I was totally stuffed, I had worked a 6.00pm to 6.00am night shift before leaving at 7.30am. Makes for a bloody long day.

Lovey80, yeh that pretty well sums it up. I found it pretty hit and miss for quite some time but the last couple of years has been very reliable. I am fishing a little further north these days (only about10km) and haven’t really struck much current. The wind always seems y to o get up during the night for whatever reason and there has been some very average trips home.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh