Thread: Cooktown fishing

Cooktown fishing

Well the weather has settled up here in Cooktown and the fishing is red hot ,fishing with handlines for everything other than mackerel. This is a great fishery but planning your trip to get weather that’s suitable is imperative,iv been here 4 months and we have gotten out a couple of times and all 3 trips where a great success. Bagged out on trout and got a couple of nice nannies.

A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Re: Cooktown fishing

Nice fish well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some nice eating top effort , nice looking rig as well , quite a deep boat

About time you moved onwards, I'm happy to take your place.

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    some nice eating top effort , nice looking rig as well , quite a deep boat
    Cairns custom craft mate travels really well

Awesome Matt..glad to see you getting amongst them now the weather is finally coming good...Those silvers and spanglers fight good dont they..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Awesome Matt..glad to see you getting amongst them now the weather is finally coming good...Those silvers and spanglers fight good dont they..
    Yeah the weather is really turning it up now and boats are starting to arrive big time , I just love fishing with the handlines and the techniques for different fish is all good learning . We are leaving soon to head south but I recon another trip is on the cards before we go but I have to head back for an appointment in Brisbane at the end of the month ,we will be making a return next year to help these guys out again next year .

Good to see you enjoy the handline fishing....technology has come along way but you cant beat simplicity ...there is just something magic and almost primitive about it when its just the fish on one end and you on the other with only a bit of string in between...

Shame you have to head back right at the start of the best time of the year..

Good to see you enjoy the handline fishing....technology has come along way but you cant beat simplicity ...there is just something magic and almost primitive about it when its just the fish on one end and you on the other with only a bit of string in between...

Shame you have to head back right at the start of the best time of the year..
    Yeah it is a shame but we have a job to come back to next year and we are coming back later on the year so all good . Looks like we might be heading to lizard and the ribbons next week

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Yeah it is a shame but we have a job to come back to next year and we are coming back later on the year so all good . Looks like we might be heading to lizard and the ribbons next week
    Geez mate it sounds like you have landed a tough gig up there.....cant wait for the Lizard Island report..

Geez mate it sounds like you have landed a tough gig up there.....cant wait for the Lizard Island report..
    Probably won’t put up a report as their seems to be little interest in them these days it’s all about politics and old clapped out boats I will pm you if it goes that way

Probably won’t put up a report as their seems to be little interest in them these days it’s all about politics and old clapped out boats I will pm you if it goes that way
    Nooooooo! I look for all these little gems in between aus politics, us politics, tax and CV19 discussions. Please don't stop posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Nooooooo! I look for all these little gems in between aus politics, us politics, tax and CV19 discussions. Please don't stop posting.
    What you’d like to see regular posts of great catches and fishing info ? Not happening a lot these days only seem to have days of our lives stories but I will put up another post probably for the more intrepid

What you’d like to see regular posts of great catches and fishing info ? Not happening a lot these days only seem to have days of our lives stories but I will put up another post probably for the more intrepid
    Thanks for the laugh..

Anyway some serious discussion or fishing reports are always welcome.....particularly when it involves beautiful FNQ..