Thread: Mildew/Mould

Mildew/Mould

Can anyone advise what product to use on vinyl covered boat seats that have mildew/mould on them, I see overseas they use clr mould and mildew but what’s equivalent here in Australia, thanks

Re: Mildew/Mould

Most mould cleaners are simply bleach, there is dozens of products available in the cleaning aisle of most supermarkets, but, try a small section first, ventilation and sun shine is the clue to preventing it in the first place.

a bit of oil of cloves in water kills the mildew spores 1/4 teaspoon to 500 ml water

We had heavy mould in our last house thats why we moved i tried bleech but it didnt work my nephew got a can of Mould Off from bunnings it killed the mould strait away

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

As mentioned Oil of Cloves is the go. Bleach might make it look clean but it does NOT kill the spores where as Oil of Cloves does. You do have to put up with the odour reminiscent of going to the dentist, those of my vintage will understand. I have had to do one set of seats several times due to the spore getting in deep but once out they didn't return, also as mentioned lots of sunlight on it helps. The Mould Off from Bunnings is really mostly bleach and it will come back fairly quickly.

That was why my reference to dentists in the old days it was used as anaesthetic and the taste lingered.

Thanks guys the seats are old so I’ll give it a crack, am possibly looking to replace them so not much to lose, if I can get a little longer out of them great, cheers

If u can trailer your boat to a self serve car wash u can use the broom it spits out soap for a few dollars just jump in the boat and give them a wash

At the start of the year i had peper mould all over my little fibreglass boat i chucked about $7 in the self serve car wash and washed my whole boat with the broom than pressure washed it clean

Came up really nice and clean

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

I love Bunnings..its the portal where cheap easy answers are given to every and any problem....do they always work as claimed???? Couldnt possibly comment..........fill in the dots....

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    I love Bunnings..its the portal where cheap easy answers are given to every and any problem....do they always work as claimed???? Couldnt possibly comment..........fill in the dots....
    And because they've screwed over the other hardware stores and their policy of only stocking what moves quickly and constantly changing suppliers you often can't get what you want or replacement parts and have to go to trade stores all over the place.
    Also seems to be the local family place to go for an outing, as well as people who take their dogs there. My bros is allergic to dogs and as that was his last place of refuge but now even that is closed to him.