Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny trap price

Funny trap price

I went to my local BCF today because they had crab traps for 4 for $55, when I got there, they only had 3 in stock, @ $25 each! (The sign was there stating 4for $55)I asked an assistant if they had any more, as I wanted 4, I was told no, that's all they had, so I asked if they would do the 3 for the "special" price, because it's not my fault they didn't have stock, he asked another person who said no, they are $25 each if you don't buy 4, I explained that you don't have 4 he agreed to knock $5 off, making it $70 for 3, I politely told him no chance and walked out, once again confirming my thoughts about the shop.

Re: Funny trap price

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I went to my local BCF today because they had crab traps for 4 for $55, when I got there, they only had 3 in stock, @ $25 each! (The sign was there stating 4for $55)I asked an assistant if they had any more, as I wanted 4, I was told no, that's all they had, so I asked if they would do the 3 for the "special" price, because it's not my fault they didn't have stock, he asked another person who said no, they are $25 each if you don't buy 4, I explained that you don't have 4 he agreed to knock $5 off, making it $70 for 3, I politely told him no chance and walked out, once again confirming my thoughts about the shop.
    Theyre all the same mate , just to get you into their store !!..

when i upgraded to a new epirb, i was inticed to the the store by a save $50 off and when i got their the item was not on the shelf but hey ," we have the new model out now" its only X amount more dollars more , said how about a discount for the new one and nup nudda nothing wouldnt budge at all, thinking their overheads must be high to not even entertain a discount , and man see the price of brand name clothing in that store , heavens above.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Possibly not his fault tho as its a big chain business he may not have the powers to offer deals he would be under the thumb with stock take counting and shit hitting the fan hes boss the owner of that particular bcf may flog him for charging u $55 for 3 traps as it will be printed on the receipt they also maybe under strict selling rules 4 traps as a combo anyless they have to charge full price he would scan those traps as 3 individule items

Perhaps u should have agreed to buying the 4 for $55 and got the 4th one when new stock came in usually they'll write there name on the receipt and say (one owing full paid for)

If u went to a little independant tackle shop they will sell u anything with big discounts

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Here i mostly shop at bcf just because its convient its about 10min drive i can check there prices online too im not a fan of all there gear some stuff u pay full price and u scan your membership card i have spent a few hundred now and never receieved any bonus for scanning the card not actually sure how the card works

They often have stuff a tackle shop doesnt have like a spare bung on a sundie morning or some safety gear u need like a V sheet or whistle etc..

There are heaps of tackle shops in western sydney but they all seem too far away my closest would be 20min drive liverpool or moorebank 27mins away

Bcf is not good for there bait i will i have bought there california squid and not one kingy on a whole packet squid were pink too which is unusal unless they have been fawed and frozen

I do love there range tho my local has crap loads of all kinds of brands just huge amount of fishing stock but almost all of there rods are to high to reach

I guess there might be all sorts of possibilities, but seeing as they only had 3 left in stock, it wasn't my problem, 4 for $55 is just under $14 each, but I ended up going to my small tackle shop, he had them at the same price, so I got them off him, can't believe I got sucked into the "special" business. On a slightly different note, we are still getting plenty of good size Blue Swimmers (Sandies) here, even though the water is cold, including one that was a tad over a kilo in weight, which is a big crab.

Don't forget bcf are owned by super cheap same thing when good oil is cheap never got it,that to me is false advertising if the can't produce 4 pot the add is misleading .

That little tackle shop near the river is a good shop (windang bait and tackle)

1st option.............................

Hit override on the till and sell 3 to you for $13.75 EACH,,,,,,, Total $41.25, the reason for the discount would be "run out of 4 pack, customer satisfaction"............ you don't get 4 I know but that could have been an option they could have offered to you. If they didn't have 4 then they can't sell 4 BUT the discount price times 3 is better than saying "nah sorry no way hozay". Stock levels would be accurate in their system still and you have a happy customer.

2nd option.......................

If they have the ability to transfer a 4 pack from another store, problem with this option is it takes cooperation between stores as some won't transfer stock and the time to get it delivered.

I know u wanted 4 but if they only had 3, this would have been a compromise that may have been ok. Would you have accepted that?? I work in retail and have had this type of thing happen, losing a bit of profit on an item of stock is better than losing a customer. Gazza's plan works too, so long as they can get more tock in a reasonable timeframe, stock is out of your control at times.
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have been more than happy to take 3 at the individual 4 pack price, I was only buying them as "spares" and the 4 pack price seemed OK, but I certainly wasn't paying the single price under those circumstances, if I only wanted (say) one, then the single price is what I would have paid.

Hi Noelm

Totally agree with you there, it's a shame that common sense didn't come into play here.
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    That little tackle shop near the river is a good shop (windang bait and tackle)

There's two shops there, one is quite big and is a "complete angler" now, it was previously "Searles bait and tackle" then sold and renamed "Deans bait and tackle" been there for decades, and the little one on the other side of the road that was "Bruces bait and tackle" for decades, don't know what it called now, go to both myself.

I can remember going to the guy on the left going down the coast was a few years back he had really good prices

Yep, the one on the Eastern side was Bruce's, then he sold out (I nearly bought it) and it became B&C bait and tackle, don't know what it's called now though.

Would have been quiet a purchase you could have advertised on ausfish and made a success of it