Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest project

Latest project

IMG_20200805_180128_2.jpg

New phone, same result. Lean to the left lads.

A few weeks back, Datcol posted up a classified for an Alvey Reefmaster - Thanks again Col. I'd been chasing one with thoughts to an electric conversion. She is all done now apart from upping the size of the wiring to an anderson connector that is already installed as a battery charging port. It wasn't as cheap as I anticipated but was no where near the cost of a commercially available winch for deep dropping. I scoped out ebay for motors and gearboxes but ended up sourcing locally. A bit of work with the tig and the lathe at work saw the handle cut off and the stub turned down and the necessary shaft welded on for the motor. Bit of tig work on the frame to attach some brackets to bolt the motor mounting and electrical housing , modification to the front roller assembly, a new SS mount and reinforcement of the rod holder /deck with a backing plate and way too much black sika ( I knew it was a bad idea before I started) and she is ready for a deep drop assault when time and conditions allow.

Re: Latest project

Hey Scott, I'm liking that bud, nice work...

Col

Scott, is an iPhone by any chance

No Sam. Both android. Last one was a Samsung this one's a Nokia. Pics show right on the computer until I put them up here.

Mine is only half baked ! 20200619_093435[1].jpg (68.0 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oops ! Double clicked somewhere

Looks pretty heavy duty Frank

Yeah a bit of "russian " inspired engineering, does not have to look pretty and if it's four times as strong as it has to be well that will do.
    Besides I usually use what I have on hand before I buy material . I will try to post a photo of the drag now thats OTT (drag washer just visible on right of photo)

Frank

That looks good Scott better than sitting in my cupboard
    cheers COL

Quote Originally Posted by DATCOL View Post
    That looks good Scott better than sitting in my cupboard
    cheers COL
    Col,I reckon it would have looked cool om your yellow Express chasing those winter whiting.

Prob good poser look Sam but not much help the whiting aren't quite as big down my end of the passage

What was the motor you used to make it?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

You had me at Hello ........ I just want one , have a reef king and a spare sav winch motor and gearbox.

Care to share any detail on the mounting and electronic controls?

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    No Sam. Both android. Last one was a Samsung this one's a Nokia. Pics show right on the computer until I put them up here.
    You may need to rotate and save before posting. This link gives some insight into why.
    http://kb.linkusupport.com/knowledge...ading-sideways

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    What was the motor you used to make it?
    Motor is a Transtecno 250 watt continuous/350 watt intermittent, IP66 rated unit. Gearbox is a 50:1 reduction (60RPM output speed) which in hindsight is a wee bit slow but pulls like a train. Should be good for 40 odd metres a minute under load. There are other ratios available.