Thread: Fraser Formula 626 tidy up

Fraser Formula 626 tidy up / refurb

Hi everyone,

Our boat is a 1989 fibreglass Fraser 626 , recently decided to get it sorted thought i would tow to a repairer to quote for an idea of costs for what i was hoping to get done, have bought it home now and going to have a go at doing it myself, i need something to keep me busy anyway - and basically cannot afford alternative. Leaning on a lot of info' in these pages / web etc. Main work is spongy floor and transom replacement. Skill level is basic with some house renovations skills, no speed demon these days in my 50s. Thought i might share here if anyone is interested and to help keep track of things.

First day at it today, started with ripping up the carpet and clearing everything out, also sort out a few of the rollers on the trailer that were not sitting right. Am looking at options on how to remove all that glue residue or at least prep it for a white flowcoat (no more carpet). How to get the outboard off safely, looking at building a stand and just hiring an engine jack to lift it, might just lay it on the floor in the carport.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Fraser Formula 626 tidy up

Are you 100% sure that the floor will stay? Have you checked that all the stringers are solid? Is the floor 100%? Now is the time to replace it if not. Even then, it may be a faster and less effort to cut it up and lay a new floor than to get that glue off. Then you have a fresh canvas. Also consider the seadek (or competitor) flooring options instead of carpet.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Lovey80 = Was just going to do about half of the floor, but yeah your right makes sense. The stringers are fibreglass so thought they would be fine, will have a closer look around for cracks or anything unusual when i pull the rest of the floor / fuel tank out. Definately no more carpet am hoping for clean white finish with some kind of foam or something i can lift out.

Ausfish Silver Member

Progress?
    Love a good build thread.