Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pride half cabin rebuild

Re: Pride half cabin rebuild

Yeah i know ttojan has the mini roll but how did u get the full roll pieces for the transom?

Edit i just realised u have seperate layersfor the transom i thought u used 1708 for the transom

after much research just came across one lucky photo from a facebook page , this old girl is a carribean caprice cruiser.

I wentback a few pages as i forgot what your boat looked like, if u have facebook Cat joing up to the bertram/caribbean group a bloke named Jon will know what hull it is

Hey cat the hull looks like a Caribbean Commodore 6.1m

all this wet weather lately , still pluggin away slowly. hole outside
    Attached Images Attached Images

never worked with epoxy filler before, her we go seems okay a little thick. also had a play with flowcoat with grey and speckle.

had a play with some etch primer as well , sprayed on well , then after i tried to mix acrylic surface primer with enamel thinners , (curderled the paint ) mistake but then got it together again and woosh woosh

Looks really good u patched that hole well

that side hole is all the 1708 nice to work with about 5-7 layers outside only , 3-5 layers inside , still building layers on the transom 4 layers so far as im not reusing the old skin , slow and steady

Speckle finish looks bloody good!

[QUOTE=CT;1680641]Speckle finish looks bloody good![/QUOTE

CT , yeah happy with that now i can see a glimpse of how this old girl is going to freshing up a little . threw the black and white on with chop sticks LOL .

[QUOTE=catshark;1680654]
    Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Speckle finish looks bloody good![/QUOTE

CT , yeah happy with that now i can see a glimpse of how this old girl is going to freshing up a little . threw the black and white on with chop sticks LOL .
    So thats how its done lol i was going to ask

nearly got this hole in the side ready . epoxy filler worked a treat then sealed up with some flow coat ready for etch primer

the little hole in the hull done from inside , will wait to flip the boat then continue on , also a long gouge other side was filled, and SCA etch primer dark grey with SCA surface primer applied , sprayed on okay no dramas for a budget build .

there was a patch of wood in place on the inside bottom , i just had to tear it up and assess the damage , previous repair relied on more wood than glass to fix what ever happen here so if this boat ever going to sink , it will be by my hand only