Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pride half cabin rebuild

Re: Pride half cabin rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by DATCOL View Post
    I believe that the tank was designed to go into a 4X4 with the water catch sump bolg at the bottom to drain water & dirt
    thanks Dat , might be on to something the seller who provided the tank did say it had diesel in it so its looking like that it was the purpose as a long range tank perhaps. i might flog it off if a cant make it fit or make a vent , cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Cat i havent seen to many underfloor tanks but i wouldhave a wild guess your tank was designed for something else i have no idea what

The bowl just doesnt make sense that type of bowl on a fuel tank are found in older style cars but yours looks to be designed around it being accessable from the bottom possibly to drain fuel its a weird one its also a very slim looking and tall tank unless that tank holds 700 litres andits an illusion

Fuel tanks second hand are pretty cheap Cat i picked up mine from memory $120, i just seen a decent cruisetank going for $150 on facebook you could sort of molest your hull to accept that fuel tank but geez shes an unique looking tank
    its looking like its not even a marine tank now , though it appears well made and has baffles .holds about 120litres if my math is correct , if i cant make it work then will look at those saint marine tanks , that little bowl thing puzzled me .

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    its looking like its not even a marine tank now , though it appears well made and has baffles .holds about 120litres if my math is correct , if i cant make it work then will look at those saint marine tanks , that little bowl thing puzzled me .
    Hey Cat the idea behind the bowl on a automotive fuel tank is so the fuel pump sits in the bowl permantly so when your low on fuel and u go up or down a steep hill and what fuel u have left in the tank sloshes to the other end the bowl remains full untill u correct and level the car again its so the fuel pump always has fuel

Its like a fuel management system on a efi outboard on my merc it has a little container bolted on to the block which houses the fuel pumps and submerges them both in fuel my FMS is just like the bowl on your tank

Hey Cat this cruise tank cameup on my fb adds not ideal for u as its only 50 litres and too far away but its an example of a cheap quality fuel tank $80 cruise tank they are like several hundred bux, i would replace the one u have

so this is the big hole in the side all glassed both sides using that 1708 cloth think its called CSM/DBL bias , really impressed with this cloth heavy duty strong as
    Attached Images Attached Images

prepping cloth for the christmas break layers upon layers , this roll of 1708 is the best

been distracted with the old mans new buy , this little vintage husky, we reprayed the motor with dark grey metallic and fresh decals , new steering wheel and general allover tidy up. installed new trim motor and tightien up the relays and bobs your uncle , had this little beast for the maiden voyage in the river and she goes hammers and tongs

revisiting this tank idea , got it for sale but still thinking about it

deep vee vintage power boat measures 6mtr exactly with a 22 degree dead rise, never had a boat with as sharp as dead rise as this one , might be a bit rocky roller at rest

check this one for gazza , check out the amount of work ive got in this , holey mackeral im up for a sandblast, grind all welds , paint , new axles, this one gonna be a solid effort , previous owner put the C-Chanel under the SHS with weld plates and stitches , ill just clean it all up to make do for now

inserted a alloy pipe and backfilled with epoxy ,

im just going to cut this stinger casing halfway down , hog out the pulp , insert fresh material and recap off . i think the glass tabbing on the bottom should still be sound enough

Looking really good Cat, that is quiet a nice boat i like it it has that very heavy duty offshore look to it, cloth is wetting out really nice where'd u get the 1708 from?

Haha that trailer can hold a army tank

See the transom Cat its starting to get mould u might wanna get crackin on it or give it a sand than just a coat of resin to seal it so it cant go mouldy

That stringer u may find it will ve easier to just knock the whole stringer out and glass a fresh one in, a few of the guys on a fb group just hold the new stringer in position and fillet both sides than glass over

That 1708 cloth is what almost everyone in the USA use we havent caught onto it here yet aussies are generally 20 years behind the americans in everything

got it from trojan fibreglass think they call it another name its very stiff first out but wets out nice and just feels strong and is easy to apply