Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pride half cabin rebuild

Re: Pride half cabin rebuild

Looking good Cat i have done all the above drop paint brushes, sticky hands etc.. lol best stuff ever to get wet or sticky epoxy off your handsAttachment 122267

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Cat any updates?

slowly at da moment , seems like everything has eaten into my rebuild funds but can say i got a freshie piece of marine ply in with 2 to go , also been waiting for tax so i can make a good order of resin and matt . finished the console paint so pix to follow weekend .

Awesome Cat, interesting u went with ply its much cheaper than the foam cores and boy is ply strong!!! I never wanna rip out dry plywood from a transom again lol

Just seen your update reply

so the color is sea foam green for the console , just a little feature which the color will continue to the hull like a two tone , edencraft boats have a beautiful seafoam green unit on their website . im missing a step in regards to final finish before paint , the little airbubbles you can see im relying on paint to fill , think i need some kind of glazing putty/filler before paint stage , will keep looking into it ..
    also this is oil based enamel so not quite marine paint but it will do for this rig , like the old lady says , you cant make a silk purse from a sows ear . also this was rolled on for a trial look.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lokks good Cat keep the pics coming

wow been super busy lately but not on the boat build, just about finished my sisters hatchback, timing belt broke , bent valves horrible but its fixable,. so ive got the transom finally in and just waiting to do some more on the little holes , man so many holes in this boat gonna have to name it swiss cheese or something like that but its good practice for when i do the big transom layup

this is a big hole here in the side , thinking the plan is to grind taper back to the circle and lay up many overlap cloth , think they reccomend d/bias and woven for these critical areas, ive only seen what guys have done to repair thru hull transducers , any how will give it a whopper of a go

while im at it this tank that came with the boat , fits perfect width ways down the back above the floor , but i dont see like a breather hole , and wouldnt know where or how to fit a sender unit to this ? the fill up tube looks like it has to lay side on so to keep the sender unit on top so i need a connection tube from the tank to the fuel cap at the rear of the stern its early days for this but need something to chew on , any thoughts

Your transom is looking good and tidy Cat, i also have a 25-30mm hole to fill from what i seen on i think hook line and sinker on youtube with the holes u want to glass both sides of the hull so the two laminates bond to each other and are inseperable
    For that tank it lookslike the fill hose pokes thru the main stringer than u run a filler hose up to the gunnel
    Any progress is good progress

yeah going to laminate both sides together to get a nice bond and the tank well , first pic shows the bowl shape im assuming its the sump and drain hole. second pic shows a sender and pick up hole , im assuming when i get a sender it might have a vent tube or pick up with the sender, so the bolt hole on top could be a vent . not sure this tank was in the floor or if even it was original with the boat but previous owner gave it to me .. just dont know why the fill nozzle is welded in place on the bottom , does water sit on top of fuel or the other way round cant remember

You should call it “the pope”... your holiness lol

Hey Cat i think it was this hook line and sinker video where the shipwright mentiones glassing a hole from both sides

Correct me if its the wrong video im out of data to check it

Cat i havent seen to many underfloor tanks but i wouldhave a wild guess your tank was designed for something else i have no idea what

The bowl just doesnt make sense that type of bowl on a fuel tank are found in older style cars but yours looks to be designed around it being accessable from the bottom possibly to drain fuel its a weird one its also a very slim looking and tall tank unless that tank holds 700 litres andits an illusion

Fuel tanks second hand are pretty cheap Cat i picked up mine from memory $120, i just seen a decent cruisetank going for $150 on facebook you could sort of molest your hull to accept that fuel tank but geez shes an unique looking tank

I believe that the tank was designed to go into a 4X4 with the water catch sump bolg at the bottom to drain water & dirt