Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everkool fridge drawer

Everkool fridge drawer

Hey all

I've been looking at fitting a drop down fridge slide in my canopy to take my 40lt Waeco - But these things aren't cheap with an ARB or Clearview slide (apparently the best) costing around $850-$1000 respectively .

I really do need to do something as getting stuff in & out of the Waeco is a pain.

There is an alternative & it will cost me less than the slide - Fridge drawer.jpg

https://www.snowys.com.au/40l-drawer...xoCTRcQAvD_BwE

Not that I need a new fridge - but it's the same capacity (40lt) low profile ( need to raise it to get over the lip of the canopy.) will hold a 500ml bottle upright / 48 cans but can still be used as a freezer (-16)

Does anyone have any experience with these ?

Chris

PS - one for the wish list Trailblaza.jpg 65 Lt Trailblaza ….. for a lazy $2K
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Everkool fridge drawer

had access to one for a short trip.needed to hard wire but simple.a great bit of kit and the beer wasnice and cold.
    power draw was about the same as old everkool.hard to go past for the price.(thats a yes from me)

I was at Eva Kool last year, they had a dented low profile drop down one on special and would have bought it except the guy who walked in the door before me snaffled it. From memory the only snag I had was that I have a pull out drawer set up and would have needed major rework. To raise your unit over the lip just use an ally hat section.

I might go to eva kool next week and see what they've got as they are just around the corner, if I see anything of interest I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I was at Eva Kool last year, they had a dented low profile drop down one on special and would have bought it except the guy who walked in the door before me snaffled it. From memory the only snag I had was that I have a pull out drawer set up and would have needed major rework. To raise your unit over the lip just use an ally hat section.

I might go to eva kool next week and see what they've got as they are just around the corner, if I see anything of interest I'll let you know.
    Appreciate your feedback - I haven't seen one first hand so will be interested in what you have to say

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Will do. The one I saw was snapped so quickly I could only enquire about it. I've even given it more thought as it can sit on top of my drawers and the contents still easily accessible.

Will do. The one I saw was snapped so quickly I could only enquire about it. I've even given it more thought as it can sit on top of my drawers and the contents still easily accessible.
    What would be good to know is what clearance would be required to get over the lip of the canopy - I believe the slide is raised but not sure of how much

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    What would be good to know is what clearance would be required to get over the lip of the canopy - I believe the slide is raised but not sure of how much

Chris
    Will check it out Chris, do you know how high a clearance you need.

Will check it out Chris, do you know how high a clearance you need.
    About 30mm
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Sorry Chris, got caught up in a round of medical/physio appointments but I'll be popping around to Eva Kool tomorrow for a look.

Got to EvaKool, they only open for 2 hrs a day due to CV19, there are none of those fridges in Australia and there is a new model on its way with improved slides, a new compressor etc. They couldn't tell me the clearance but it wouldn't be more than 15 mm. They said to have a look on their website, they also said they have a lot of pre orders.

Got to EvaKool, they only open for 2 hrs a day due to CV19, there are none of those fridges in Australia and there is a new model on its way with improved slides, a new compressor etc. They couldn't tell me the clearance but it wouldn't be more than 15 mm. They said to have a look on their website, they also said they have a lot of pre orders.
    Appreciated - yeh , everywhere I've looked they are a pre order (Sept)
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Appreciated - yeh , everywhere I've looked they are a pre order (Sept)
    I pop in there every now and then, I'll keep an eye out for them. They often have refurbed ones where they've replaced under warranty and heavily discounted if your interested.

Well I've installed the Evakool 40lt fridge drawer & I'm pretty impressed - lower power draw , cools quickly & quite functional.

The downside is that they are a bit bigger than a 40lt Waeco / Engel - though if you added a drop down fridge slide the foot print would be smaller.
    This is a good option when you compare the cost of a fridge plus slide - you are around double the price & then some.

I've included a few photos DSC_4368.jpgDSC_4374.jpgDSC_4371.jpgDSC_4372.jpg
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

The next test will be how noisy is it to sleep next to?

Cheers Matt

Looks great...and now you can start up a Pie van...

Is it as big as it looks in the photo's..?..I do like the idea of the drawer but thought the footprint might be too big for the capacity..but it also looks to make the fridge space more usuable...

However we just ordered one of these because it will be able to slide under my passenger seat in the boat once I remove the seatbox and bend up some aluminium tube for the seatbase to sit on.....evercool.jpg