Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dimensions for ladder style keel roller assembly

Re: Dimensions for ladder style keel roller assembly

Has anyone actually seen CT and the previous king of Ausfish in the same room at the same time?

Is CT actually the one?

Red pill Blue pill moment

Matt

good job....went through a similar process a while back..with f/g boat with planing plank...the main difference was used red rollers with 8 inch cotton reel pattern which suited the width of the plank....then put teflon...could be wood...guides at right angles to the rack and the hull self aligns up the trailer as you go ....

Quote Originally Posted by RayLamp View Post
    So...
    • you've been thinking about this for a year and a half
    • you place an online order for parts
    • the online order takes longer than expected
    • its wrong....

Oh dear, this sounds familiar...

But then....
    • If you ask for advice, you actually want it
    • You listen to it and probably heed it
    • You actually finish the job
    • Its a fair bet you use your boat too. Even using it once is a win.

What a conflict! You were so close to being the new king on this forum

But I used my credit card to make the purchase so sort of like afterpay. Does that get me more points towards the crown??

Apparently the correct parts are on the way along with a postage paid bag for the wrong ones to go back in. A reasonable response. Allegedly they are in stock so we'll see if they make it by the end of the week.

Might browse gumtree and ebay for project hulls in the meantime....

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Apparently the correct parts are on the way along with a postage paid bag for the wrong ones to go back in. A reasonable response. Allegedly they are in stock so we'll see if they make it by the end of the week.

Might browse gumtree and ebay for project hulls in the meantime....
    ROFL. May you pick up a 20 year old 4 stroke with a cracked block you can weld up and Flip?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    ROFL. May you pick up a 20 year old 4 stroke with a cracked block you can weld up and Flip?
    Whats not so funny is that some poor unsuspecting sod is going to pay top dollar for that POS motor, having no clue about its sad history..

This little doozy popped up on the Tinny Boat mods group on FB yesterday....

CT have you been welding in the laundry again...?..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Whats not so funny is that some poor unsuspecting sod is going to pay top dollar for that POS motor, having no clue about its sad history..

This little doozy popped up on the Tinny Boat mods group on FB yesterday....

CT have you been welding in the laundry again...?..
    Now that was 10 mins (well 2 mins as I skipped ahead quite a few times) I'll never get back.

The end of struggling to get the boat off the trailer. Some minor adjustment of the self-aligners but that will do.

Looks like some irrigation pipe put to good use.

Thats a nice looking trailer, bloody awesome driving on and off a trailer, no winching that drills ya

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Love... i spent $740 repairing that cylinder head, where on earth did u pull that out of your ass?

The head was professional tig welded cost $300, to machine the hesds surface, recut the valve and recut the valve seats cost $440, after it was fixed it had 160psi on all 4 cylinder and ran like brand new.. only a fool will think i flogged a shit engine, a outboard sales guy actually bought it he wanted it so bad he drove down from the central coast in lockdown just to buy it