Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The new Certate

The new Certate LT

Anyone bought a new Certate LT yet and if yes what do you think compared to the older ones.
    Last edited by chris69; 17-02-2020 at 05:57 PM. Reason: correcting

Re: The new Certate LT

I like a company that puts pride in all there reels be it $50 or $1000 i love Shimano reels, $50 Sienna smoothest drag ever and its affordable to almost everyone it shows Shimano want everyone to experience what a quality fishing style is like

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I like a company that puts pride in all there reels be it $50 or $1000 i love Shimano reels, $50 Sienna smoothest drag ever and its affordable to almost everyone it shows Shimano want everyone to experience what a quality fishing style is like

???? This is a gee up right ?

There are very few Shimano spin reels that I would buy by choice - 1 only actually ….. The Thunnus CI4 ( I own 3) .
    Shimano have literally dropped out of the picture when compared to offerings by Daiwa

Even the flagship Stella no longer sits as a worthy contender & suffers from failures .

My opinion

As for the Daiwa Certate LTs - I feel that it is a improvement on the previous model which had gone away from the roots of the original Certates which were excellent reels . I'm glad to see that Daiwa realised the error of their ways & have improved on the original concept via the monocoque body & bigger gears ……. That said , you'll pay for the privilege

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hey Cris no not a gee up, Shimanos budget reels have the most silkiest smooth drag i rate Penns HT-100 drag but Shimanos Sienna is just a fraction more smoother it engauges at a slightly less tension

Im a fan of budget reels that give u the most for there dollar i have never owned or used a Stella i have heard they are fragile tho.. but the Shimano Sienna i cant kill it i live bait on the small i think 2500-3000 size reel 6 pound main line mono, 10 pound Daiwa fluro leader and i pull in 50 m salmon, 55-60cm king fish, many many flat head, flounder, pike, tailor i just cant kill the reel it has present no faults at all in about 6-7 years

Couple of fish on the Sienna

That was a 2 pound flexi rod from ebay

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    ???? This is a gee up right ?

There are very few Shimano spin reels that I would buy by choice - 1 only actually ….. The Thunnus CI4 ( I own 3) .
    Shimano have literally dropped out of the picture when compared to offerings by Daiwa

Even the flagship Stella no longer sits as a worthy contender & suffers from failures .

My opinion

As for the Daiwa Certate LTs - I feel that it is a improvement on the previous model which had gone away from the roots of the original Certates which were excellent reels . I'm glad to see that Daiwa realised the error of their ways & have improved on the original concept via the monocoque body & bigger gears ……. That said , you'll pay for the privilege

Chris
    I just bought a new catilina 4000 to replace a cheaper reel and was thinking about getting a Certate lt3000d to retire my hyper custom 2500r to the bread and butter species on a light rod as its about 10years old and will last for ever catching bream and flathead and use the lt3000 for my new bay snapper reels,

I do like the bigger gear its just the weight of the new certates there very light and yes I've read all there is about them but its just as light a my 2000 luvias so its nice to here from someone other than from some one that gets handed a reel catches a few fish and says that's it the best reel they have used.

I pay the money for nice reels to last a long time as all my daiwas have and they have always felt smooth and silent and once you use them there's no going back, the last Shimano twin power I bought just did not last fishing for flathead and bream.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hey Cris no not a gee up, Shimanos budget reels have the most silkiest smooth drag i rate Penns HT-100 drag but Shimanos Sienna is just a fraction more smoother it engauges at a slightly less tension

Im a fan of budget reels that give u the most for there dollar i have never owned or used a Stella i have heard they are fragile tho.. but the Shimano Sienna i cant kill it i live bait on the small i think 2500-3000 size reel 6 pound main line mono, 10 pound Daiwa fluro leader and i pull in 50 m salmon, 55-60cm king fish, many many flat head, flounder, pike, tailor i just cant kill the reel it has present no faults at all in about 6-7 years

No disrespect intended ….. so please don't take this the wrong way but we are talking a whole different ball game here . Unless you've fished with these higher end reels you just wont have an appreciation for just how far the gap is . Sure the Sienna will do a job but that goes for pretty well any reel on the market - it's a bread & butter reel for Shimano and it's probably their biggest selling reel but it's like comparing a Hyundai Accent (base model) to a BMW M3 - both cars will get you from A-B but that's where it ends .
    When talking Certate LTs we are talking about small reels that pump out 2 1/2 times more drag at up to 2/3rds the weight - That's a huge amount of punching power that you don't get from cheap reels like the Sienna - 9 more bearings which give you buttery smoothness & make the reel more connected - you don't get that from a couple of bearings & some bushes .
    Maybe one day you'll have the opportunity to fish with some higher end gear & you'll realise pretty quickly what the difference is - I certainly don't know too many who would prefer to go back .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    I just bought a new catilina 4000 to replace a cheaper reel and was thinking about getting a Certate lt3000d to retire my hyper custom 2500r to the bread and butter species on a light rod as its about 10years old and will last for ever catching bream and flathead and use the lt3000 for my new bay snapper reels,

I do like the bigger gear its just the weight of the new certates there very light and yes I've read all there is about them but its just as light a my 2000 luvias so its nice to here from someone other than from some one that gets handed a reel catches a few fish and says that's it the best reel they have used.

I pay the money for nice reels to last a long time as all my daiwas have and they have always felt smooth and silent and once you use them there's no going back, the last Shimano twin power I bought just did not last fishing for flathead and bream.
    You've got some nice reels there - Retiring a Hyper custom the best 2500 sized reel ever made (IMHO) .
    you're right - the new Certate LTs feel much more like a Luvias (light weight)….. which isn't a bad thing - I think the Luvias feels smoother than the original (pre magseal) certates. Daiwa have taken a lot of the design features of the Exist & incorporated them into the Certate LTs which really does step the reel up a notch …… compare them side by side & you'll see what I mean.
    While I don't own one of the new LTs - I'll eventually grab a 5000D
    I know a couple of people who have been using a few of the LTs for a little while now for placcy fishing & spinning - they certainly sing the praises of them .

As for the whole Ford Vs Holden thing (Daiwa Vs Shimano) when it comes to spin reels & baitcasters Daiwa's range is now head & shoulders above Shimano - not only for choice , but wow factor and refinement - particularly for mid spec and above …… I honestly think that Shimano have realised this & are now catering more for the mass market rather than the enthusiasts .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

The new Certate

I recently received a 3012 h morthan and it would be the smoothest reel I have ever had and I have early model 2500 certate no mag seal , I also have a 2500 r mag seal which they don’t do anymore the Diawa reels are a step up without doubt .
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Re: The new Certate

Without wanting to get away from the original topic, I agree with the others on Daiwa v Shimano. Apart from baitrunners (which Daiwa don't seem that interested in) and the Saragosa reels which are excellent value, Daiwa have it all over Shimano in spinning reels. Maybe Shimano provides better quality entry level reels like the Sienna, but apart from the Thunnus and Saragosa I can't think of a "like for like reel" where I would chose Shimano over Daiwa.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    I recently received a 3012 h morthan and it would be the smoothest reel I have ever had and I have early model 2500 certate no mag seal , I also have a 2500 r mag seal which they don’t do anymore the Diawa reels are a step up without doubt .
    I have the 2510 & 3500 Morethan as well as the older model 3000 Branzino and agree the newer models are a step up again. The 3500 has basically retired my trusty 3000. Beautiful reels.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy C View Post
    Without wanting to get away from the original topic, I agree with the others on Daiwa v Shimano. Apart from baitrunners (which Daiwa don't seem that interested in) and the Saragosa reels which are excellent value, Daiwa have it all over Shimano in spinning reels. Maybe Shimano provides better quality entry level reels like the Sienna, but apart from the Thunnus and Saragosa I can't think of a "like for like reel" where I would chose Shimano over Daiwa.

Good call ……. I absolutely love the Thunnus for my snapper fishing ( the whole baitrunner thing) Certainly these are well made & designed reels and a true step up from any other baitrunner style reel on the market.

Agree on the Saragosa - For the coin these are a great heavy duty reel that cover a wide range of sizes …… respect for the Gosa . The new Saltist Std is a better reel but it's going to cost $100 more & doesn't cover the biggest sizes as well as the Gosa range does . Yep that Gosa owns that slot .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO