Thread: Shimano Quickfire rods on special - very cheap

Shimano Quickfire rods on special - very cheap

Hi guys, thought I would share this for those who are chasing or looking at getting a rod. Went to the Anaconda Morayfield store this morning to kill some time whist the missus was doing something else nearby, and as I walked past the fishing tackle section they had a box of Shimano Quickfire MK2 rods with a 60% off sign on them, They were labeled with a tag of about $99.xx so I asked the salesmen if these were now $40, and he replied that they are actually $30 now, even better, looks like I am now the owner of a new rod! .

Not that I needed it but as a spare it might come in handy one day and who can't resist a good bargain? The one I got was a snapper 4-8kg? 2 piece but there was a smaller/lighter rod in this particular box as well.
    No idea if the rod is any good but it feels O'K to me, but at $30 I am willing to take a punt.

Cheers

Ed.

Re: Shimano Quickfire rods on special - very cheap

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    Hi guys, thought I would share this for those who are chasing or looking at getting a rod. Went to the Anaconda Morayfield store this morning to kill some time whist the missus was doing something else nearby, and as I walked past the fishing tackle section they had a box of Shimano Quickfire MK2 rods with a 60% off sign on them, They were labeled with a tag of about $99.xx so I asked the salesmen if these were now $40, and he replied that they are actually $30 now, even better, looks like I am now the owner of a new rod! .

Not that I needed it but as a spare it might come in handy one day and who can't resist a good bargain? The one I got was a snapper 4-8kg? 2 piece but there was a smaller/lighter rod in this particular box as well.
    No idea if the rod is any good but it feels O'K to me, but at $30 I am willing to take a punt.

Cheers

Ed.
    Nice starter rods for people getting into flicking plastics, a little bit on the heavy side. I've got a couple which are now backup and i do use them for trolling small ha4d bodies.

Yep two seven ftrs lightweight fot flicking softies as well as the last quantum 30 spin Reels left anywhere i could find..

Are these rods still doing the job for you fella's..?

I see them at $50 at Anaconda and I'm looking for cheapish, durable rod for occasional use for the missus for river and dam fishing for Barra and jacks...

Looking at around 4-6kg ..probably a little bit heavy for luring or plastics is it..?

But its mainly for a bit of slow trolling and baitfishing to match up with her new left hand Diawa Tatula 100....

Go for it mate , doubt you will get better for the price , ive enough purchased keep the Grandchildren in Rods fer yonks or if one or three go over the side i wont loose too much sleep over .
    Have a couple of nice left handed baitcasters going cheap (New ) Appears most Chinese are left handed and thats all the make is left handed Reels lol.
    Otherwise will have to train the left hand for winding as i cast right handed so might as well try winding in left handed lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Go for it mate , doubt you will get better for the price , ive enough purchased keep the Grandchildren in Rods fer yonks or if one or three go over the side i wont loose too much sleep over .
    Have a couple of nice left handed baitcasters going cheap (New ) Appears most Chinese are left handed and thats all the make is left handed Reels lol.
    Otherwise will have to train the left hand for winding as i cast right handed so might as well try winding in left handed lol..
    Earlier on in the year they were down to $30 so at that price I couldn't resist, I bought a 4-8kg 702 spin model but have never used it so I don't know if they are good or bad, it felt reasonable at the time, I just bought it as a spare rod and it has stayed that way ever since.

No worries guys...I ordered a couple with an extra $10 off ..

Knowing the missus it will probably just sit in the rodholder with a dead mullet or gar on it waiting for a particularly dopey barra to hook itself...so i'm sure it will serve the purpose...

If she does ever get over her midge allegies and want to spend some time tossing lures we will look at an upgrade then..

and volvo I dont think it comes easy to learn to use an overhead type reel with your other hand....at least it was getting horriblly painful watching the missus struggle with Mackeral and Tuna on my trolling rods...

Now she will be right though, santa got her a left handed light game reel as well...How good is it that I can buy some fishing gear for my missus for xmas and she thinks that its the best xmas ever...she is even planning where she can put tackle storage and rod holders in the bedroom for all her gear...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    No worries guys...I ordered a couple with an extra $10 off ..

Knowing the missus it will probably just sit in the rodholder with a dead mullet or gar on it waiting for a particularly dopey barra to hook itself...so i'm sure it will serve the purpose...

If she does ever get over her midge allegies and want to spend some time tossing lures we will look at an upgrade then..

and volvo I dont think it comes easy to learn to use an overhead type reel with your other hand....at least it was getting horriblly painful watching the missus struggle with Mackeral and Tuna on my trolling rods...

Now she will be right though, santa got her a left handed light game reel as well...How good is it that I can buy some fishing gear for my missus for xmas and she thinks that its the best xmas ever...she is even planning where she can put tackle storage and rod holders in the bedroom for all her gear...
    Way to go Santa! , got to keep the wifey happy.

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    Way to go Santa! , got to keep the wifey happy.
    and to think, every Xmas I have always struggled to to buy relevant gifts for her and the answer to her prayers was just sitting in the local tackleworld store all along...