Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GVM upgrades

Re: GVM upgrades

Darren J. Just listening to your story on top of all the people that had issues with blown 3L engines and how they were treated, means I’ll never buy a new Nissan in my life also.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Ausfish Bronze Member Ah Me Ting's Avatar

This is slightly off topic but interlinked given the comments and discussion in this thread...

Warranty on cars is the responsibility of the SELLING dealer. It's NOT the manufacturer. It's covered by the "Australian Consumer Law" and applies equally to cars as it does things like fridges, washing machines, phones, tents, etc.

So BEFORE you get stuffed around by any dealer, make sure you know the law and where YOU stand.

You do not have to call the manufacturer, it is not up to the manufacturer, it is up to the dealer who sold you the vehicle.

There is currently no precedent case law on vehicle warranty though. Why? Because dealers who get taken to court by consumers quickly settle and do not risk having a court judgement. The manufacturers help the dealers keep it this way.

So, any fight, argument, over warranty is between you and the dealer who sold you the vehicle. The dealer then has to deal with the cost and any back charge hold back offset with the manufacturer.

Before arguments with a dealer, get some legal advice. Might cost you a couple of hundred dollars but being armed with the law will quickly put the argument in your favour.

And, remember the power of social media and posting recordings of conversations is VERY POWERFUL. Just make sure you follow the laws in relation to recording a conversation applicable to your state. Best person for advice is a Private Investigator, they know all the laws for this type of stuff. Once you know the rules, use them to always record conversations with any dealer in relation to warranty issues.

I've had plenty of battles with car dealers over warranty and know that once the law is quoted to them with exact phrases the whole conversation changes. Get advice for yourself.

PS: key phrase 'fit for purpose' and always keep the brochures and marketing stuff they used at the time of sale... 'false and misleading advertising' is rife in the industry.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Ausfish mobile app
    When my wife calls, tell her I'm in "Ah Me Ting"

Ah Me Ting = 2019 Quintrex 420 Renegade (Tohatsu 50hp 2 Stroke)

GVM upgrades

look up accc it’s all their,they can’t just wipe there hands of warranty even if you alter the vehicle they have to prove it affected the parts mentioned . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    It is the vehicle supplier's disgression whether to warrant any issues that possibly could come from after market upgrades or alterations. No amount of certificates will change that. It may be legal to use these upgrades if certified but the manufacturer does not and most likely will not entertain warranties. They warrant what they provided for you as is, un-altered.

Look at increasing the cartage payload on the trailer rather than getting the last KG out of the vehicle. The trailer will tow better heavier than lighter.
    Even if that means you run up with fridges etc in the boat then put them into the ute when at camp.
    I decided to put my boat & trailer over a weigh bridge today & was pleasantly surprised

Full of fuel , Seat box & mackerel box , Minn kota & batteries - normal safety gear / gaffs etc & I came in at 1740kgs - I have an ATM of 2000kgs …… so throwing in another 120-150kgs of camping / fishing gear wont be a drama.

I wish I could say the same for the Navara which came in at 2300 kgs with a full fuel load

That leaves me with 610kkgs
    I've been told the canopy will come in a 210kgs …… leaving me with 400kgs - less driver & deckie …… 200kgs left - Towball weight of 160kgs giving me a very sad payload of 40kgs to stay under the limit -

It's pretty clear that I wont get away without a GVM if I want to carry even basic camping gear perishables & a fridge in the back - the 160kg GVM upgrade is looking like a necessity

either that or throw the deckie in the boat as well

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Or just put your $s into a more capable truck and be done with it !!!!!!
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Or just put your $s into a more capable truck and be done with it !!!!!!
    Not after just buying the Navara & putting on the Norweld tray & shortly the canopy …. etc

I'll just need to make it work in what I carry in the car & in the boat ……. the GVM upgrade will allow me to carry everything I want in the car & still leave me with spare capacity.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hope it works out OK for you, good luck with it and by the way have a great Xmas too.

Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Hope it works out OK for you, good luck with it and by the way have a great Xmas too.

Chimo
    Appreciate that …. Ta

As much as anything this exercise has raised my awareness of the whole subject …… A lot of people concentrate on the towing capacity & the GCM ….. but it's when you look at the GVM of your vehicle & what you put on it - bull bars , tow bars , duel batteries , canopies , roof racks …..., then add your load inside the car + people …… the GVM quickly is stretched and exceeded with the trailer added on the towbar. I bet there are a hell of a lot of cars out there towing that are exceeding their weights .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO