Thread: Caloundra Deep Water Black Friday

Caloundra Deep Water Black Friday

Gday guys, anyone heading out for a fish tomorow. I am looking to leave Caloundra around 4.00am heading for the 100m country and then out to the 200m / 250m area if the weather and current allow. I’ll be on vhf 21 if anyone else is around. Call “One Piece”.
    If anyone is out there, good luck and tight lines

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Caloundra Deep Water Black Friday

Lee, I thought I would be finished this latest job in time to go out but hot delayed by another tradie. I guess that means your back deck renos are put on hold. Good luck.

Pretty crappy forecast tomorrow to be looking at heading to the shelf.

Friday 13 September

WindsWest to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore at times during the late morning. Winds becoming southeasterly 20 to 25 knots from the south during the afternoon, then decreasing to 15 to 20 knots in the evening.SeasAround 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres by early evening.SwellSoutherly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the morning.WeatherSunny.

Gday Sam, yeh mate stalling off a bit, not everyone is real impressed
    Aussie, yeh going early to try and beat it. If it’s too bad I’ll just stop at the 100m area. BOM is the only forecaster with that same forecast so hopefully they are wrong. Can always abort on the way if required and fish other ground.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Pretty average report today guys. Hit the bar about 5.15am after waiting for a mate in his boat and one of my deckies pulling the pin at the last minute.
    First stop was the 100m area after a great run with a slight following sea from the westerly blowing. We pulled 2 nice pearlies and 2 good snapper at 70+ cm each. Thinking this was a good start we were keen to get a few more in the box.
    This didn’t happen and the other boat that came with us had nil so I offered him a snapper as he was leaving and we were headed deeper. During this hand over of the fish, his reverse failed and now I have a nice little dent in the side of my boat
    Anyway, we headed to the deep water and fished 210-250m for 1 orange roughy looking thing.
    Headed home and cleaned the fish by 3.00pm.
    Weather was good most of the day and then exceptional in the early afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

IMG_0491.jpg

This was one of the shows of fish that produced nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app