Thread: Hi there!

Hi there!

G'day all. New guy here.

Thought of joining because I have just bought a new boat. Would like to do a few jobs and need some ideas.
    Not new to boating though. Was rowing a wooden boat at age 5 and driving a 12m barge at age 13. All good fun.

At the moment I am working on a Steber 2200 Persuader, powered by a Nanni Diesel 4.50. Toying with the idea of repowering with a Yanmar 4JH3-DTE to get her up to plane, with the Nanni it is displacement only. Nothing wrong with going slow, but a bit of a "cultural shock" after having a Sea Ray 180 for 10 years.

Keep a tinnine 12' with 5HP Mercury just for the kids fishing, since I have a no fishing policy from the boat.

Hope to get to know you all.
    By for now.
    Marco

Re: Hi there!

Welcome to the madhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey mate , i like the look of them boats , neat cruiser indeed, never seen these before , be hard to get a trailer under these wouldnt it? would this boat have a keel of some type under her..being displacement would be slower off course but would be very capable at sea though im thinking..welcome aboard.

Ausfish Bronze Member Ah Me Ting's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marco1 View Post

At the moment I am working on a Steber 2200 Persuader...
    ....I have a no fishing policy from the boat.
    Hang on a sec, you have a very good ocean going vessel but you don't fish from it? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Me Ting View Post
    Hang on a sec, you have a very good ocean going vessel but you don't fish from it?

Smile, it confuses people
    Smile, It confuses people