Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seafarer 6.3 Vedette

Seafarer 6.3 Vedette

Apologies if this question has been discussed previously I’ve struggled to find any information on the seafarer 6.3 vadette manufactured during the 1990’s.
    I would like to hear from anyone’s experiences or issues good or bad on this model. Many thanks

Re: Seafarer 6.3 Vedette

Hi Paul

There does not seem to have been much written on the Vedette cf to the other hulls and maybe some one else can comment re the hull as a prelude to the Viictory and Vagabond hulls.

Some other data here
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=history+Hi...ry&t=h_&ia=web

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Thanks Chimo
    I found this article apparently the VMR bought one back in the day….. looks like a decent size on the trailer

https://www.vmrbrisbane.com.au/about...r-history.html

Paul

It might be worth PM ing ozscott and asking him about the Vedette.
    Until recently he had an early model Vagabond that I suspect was close to if not the same hull as the Vedette but with a different cap on it.

Where is the boat your thinking about?

Chimo

There is one for sale in WA has a near new 200 yam i4

Quote Originally Posted by Paul071978 View Post
    Thanks Chimo
    I found this article apparently the VMR bought one back in the day….. looks like a decent size on the trailer

https://www.vmrbrisbane.com.au/about...r-history.html
    I was there on the secret shakedown, and for the official launch. The fit-out was superb but the ride was disappointing and complained about from the senior skipper from day one. And others.
    I tried to defend it by saying that we are not here to be comfortable when rescuing.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Geez really that doesn’t sound very heartening. I thought the vagabond was based on this hull?

Paul

You could always have a look at the Victory or the Vagabond.
    Both benefit greatly from trim tabs to keep them level so the sharp bow can work.
    I didn't like the ride in my Vag until the tabs went on and that was the end of the dreaded shoulder slap. Smoother ride now.

What do you want to do with it and where are you planning to use it?

C
    C

I currently have a 565 Haines and want something a little larger and safer as my boys are growing. It’s a fantastic boat drives like a car and handles ugly conditions very well for its size just a little small.

Mostly fishing out 25NM from Perth metro. Third windiest capital city in the world ☹️

Would a Haines 650f give a smoother ride?

Certainly is not too much to choose from over there that is a bit bigger than what you have now.
    Here is one https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/d...75&pss=Premium

And there is an Al diesel but no trailer etc .

C
    C

Wooah sorry I forgot to mention my budget is around 40k.
    How about this?
    Haines Signature 650F Soft Top on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/11983...utm_source=sms

Paul

Looks good. Did you make an offer already?

I suspect that it would really benefit from a set of Lenco or Bennett trim tabs to get the best performance.
    Might be tricky with the way the boarding steps are. We had to drill through mine to fit them, but really worthwhile.

C
    CTabStbdLenco.jpgDSCF8815down2.jpg

No offers yet but I’m certain both boats are over the 2T towing limit and neither trailers have electric brakes arghhh. Very few people seem concerned about legalities with towing

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Poker View Post
    I was there on the secret shakedown, and for the official launch. The fit-out was superb but the ride was disappointing and complained about from the senior skipper from day one. And others.
    I tried to defend it by saying that we are not here to be comfortable when rescuing.
    Jesus, I am surprised you haven't received death threats, saying a Seafarer isn't the best thing ever built can land you in hot water, trust me, I did once........