Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

that white skid material seems the go but hard to find , the blue stuff from BCF is costly too , yestie at the boat ramp saw two trailers just using plain old pine for the bunks , they must shop at the same place,

think its transtyle trailers they use that white stuff , looks slippery as hell

Im going to order the P clamps, 7.5m of stainless steel brake tubing, a 3 way connector and the screw nut bolt thingys and make my own brake hoses

One more thing do u need soft rubber hose from the main frame to the caliper or am i able to use the SS hose?

Cat that old white bunk rubber is no longer sold its all HDPE now hard plastic will rip my boat apart it sucks because glass boat owners only have the option of rollers or carpet bunks

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Im going to order the P clamps, 7.5m of stainless steel brake tubing, a 3 way connector and the screw nut bolt thingys and make my own brake hoses

One more thing do u need soft rubber hose from the main frame to the caliper or am i able to use the SS hose?
    It will need to be rubber for the suspension movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i wasnt sure about the hose to caliper which means i will need braided hoses because my dogs will chew them

Today i got my 2nd axle welded and installed i just need to bolt on the mudguards and that is all done

Themudguards inner side to the frame is about 100mm gap which is the max allowed size or i can get wider mudguards so i'll see

No pics grass looks long mower guys havent shown up i'll get pics when lawns mowed

I think I would be getting rid of the dogs.

Lol Noel they are my world i dont have children so once mum is gone they will be all i have, they are 10, 5 and 4, 2 years ago on december 28th i had to get my 4th dog put to sleep he was a boarder collie made it to 14 years broke my heart

Bugger for the garbo.. 3 weeks ago i forgot to put my bin out i heard him coming.. i ran outside 3am in the morning he was doing my neighbors bin and i bolted my bin out to the gutter he looks at me and drives strait past me like im a fw

Well for mister garbo he had to empty my bin christmass day and now new years eve karma..

I just jumped in the boat and done a full clean out of all rubbish 3 full woolworths bags of rubbish glad its cleaned out just left with a few resin containers

Heres how the wheels and mudguards sit (mudguards not bolted down yet)

Looks like google maps is still showing old pictures i took this screen shot of my old house it gives an indication of the aluminium trailer to the 19 footer boat going on it

I was just adding everything to my ebay cart to check out and noticed its costing $58 for 20pc of 6mm p clamps holly .... that is expensive!! Thought i would check with u guys first maybe someone knows of a cheaper place? These are 6mm 304 SS for 3/16 brake tube

By P clamps, are you talking about those little plastic cable holder gizmos? if so, they are as cheap as dirt.

These ones are 304 stainless with foam and rubber inners bloody expensive i just bought everything to connect my brakes cost 170 bux

This trailer is costing a fortune

Now once all that is installed i need 2 marker lights, 2 bunks with carpet, 2 light L brackets seller is away and it wont allow me to purchase them, base 100x100x1000mm 6mm shs steel for my winch post base

Than im ready for registration

Woohoo ready for rego! Are you able to post a pic in the text as my phone doesn’t let me click on any of the attachment links

A light board would have been quicker, cheaper and easier, rego should be simple enough, just get it weighed, look for a reasonable blue slip guy near you and your done.

I have a light board but i dont want to be knocked back for the cable not being secured to the frame and no side markers with the board, i am nowtechnically 0.05mm over size requirements for side markers

Just i was registering a previous trailer and i called up to book in the day before and i asked what the requirements were the bloke said bring along red and white reflectorsand he'll show me where to put them

I turned up yhe following day he grilled me said there were no reflectors on the trailer, said the 9" tyres were crap even though they had plenty of tread almost like new but the top of the tyre was arched i daid to him i think thats how the 9" tyres are made (i thought)

So i just want to cover all thelegal stuff without looking like an absolute dick again