Page 57 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

To make the trailer narrower, you will just have to straighten out the side rails a bit, not cut them, and only cut and drill one side of the cross members (if they don't have a V) don't be tempted to buy a trailer that's too small, make 100% sure the boat will fit.

What you've achieved so far Gazz, is a lot more technical than the actual fix needed here and your sure as hell going to feel way more satisfied once you do fix it, rather than another cheap buy option.
    I'd be taking all your measurements, sit down, draw it up, mull over all options, work out what new parts are needed, then have a good plan of attack, then get stuck into it.
    There are blokes on here that would give great advice, if you put up a drawing and measurements to come up with the best method or ideas needed here.

You got this Gazza.......

Col

The trailers not to wide i jusr ordered the correct axles 83" 2105mm i needed 82" so went the next size up, this trailer build may make me or break me financially..

Not sure who to see for a winch post i needone thats structually fit for a 2ton load

Lights i will order later today, need to contact the guy sending the axles down from qld to get 2 sets of u bolts, needto measure my hydraulic lines and order those

Axles are probably the widest part on a trailer im about to order the light kit my trailer will be 2105mm wide 6.5 meters long the adr specs for side marker lights are 2100mm and wider 7.5m or longer do u guys think i could get away without the side lights?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Axles are probably the widest part on a trailer im about to order the light kit my trailer will be 2105mm wide 6.5 meters long the adr specs for side marker lights are 2100mm and wider 7.5m or longer do u guys think i could get away without the side lights?
    Probably until you have an accident, then you’re screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hopeless on lighting Reg's gazza, My boat is at my factory and I cant remember my set up at the minute.
    Google is your best friend there on trailer laws....
    Don't skimp on lighting though, do it properly mate.....

Col

Definitely illegal in qld for that size trailer, I have heaps of them, happy to mail you down a pair. PM me and I'll send them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Definitely illegal in qld for that size trailer, I have heaps of them, happy to mail you down a pair. PM me and I'll send them.

Good onya for that.

Thanks guys for the advice, thanks for the offer Digs

On ebay they have an assortment of lighting kits i'll grab one with side markers

Also found a what appears to be a heavy duty looking very cheap winch post for 18-22ft boats $220

Do u guys think this swiftco smaller 75x50mm winch post would work? Or should i go the 100x100mm model?

Quiet a bit to purchase so asking first

The U-bolt setup on the cheaper drawbar is set up for 50mm wide drawbars - yours is 100x100 so it probably won't fit. Get the bigger one.

Hey Moph i dont have a drawbar / winch post base yet, i think i can squeeze in a 100x100x5mm drawbar / base but it will be tight for height to throw a U bolt over the top of the 100x100mm shs as my i beams are 130mm

I just ordered Ark led lights, square U bolts, square brake mounts, a couple bolt on light brackets, purchased but awaiting shipping cost on the axles

All i need will be the winch post, winch post base 100x100mm shs tube, bunks and i have everything

I just came across this american shop using my idea on how i bent my i beams lol he made a nice 40 foot trailer

Do u guys think this swiftco smaller 75x50mm winch post would work? Or should i go the 100x100mm model?

Quiet a bit to purchase so asking first
    Get the larger Gazza, and this looks like a good complete deal from what I’ve just been able to see online quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Geez that’s a nice boat......and trailer