Thread: Chasing Redclaw

Chasing Redclaw

Hello everyone. I was hoping you could offer some friendly advice.

I would like to take a week long trip, leaving from Maroochydore and for the week, I would like to catch some redclaw.
    I will have a boat with me which definitely helps and was just wondering if any members could offer advice on which dams are excellent for redclaw?

I have heard amazing things about Fairbairn Dam/Lake Maraboon but was hoping to find something a little closer to home. Hopefully within 400-500km of Maroochydore.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Chasing Redclaw

Wuruma dam
    Never been but mates keep sending pics of catches.

Lake Borumba near Imbil.Just up the road from the Sunny Coast

Mate just back from Borumba and has been there for 8 days. Averaged 40 bass a day and a couple of yellas. He had 8 pots in and after3 days he pulled them as he only got 7 redclaw. North pine dam has plenty of redclaw at the moment averaging 8 to 10 redclaw per pot for an overnight soak. They only seem to be feeding at nighttime at the moment but probably will pick up as the water warms.
    Cheers
    Ray

20 to 30 a night 8 pots somerset dam at the moment
    cheers snap

I just want to thank everyone for their replies and appreciate the advice. It looks like I have a few places to try in future.

Callide or Wuruma

Is maroon dam any good this season for redclaw. The weather is been getting hotter so I would think the redclaw you be coming out

NPD 8 pots set 4/1 and pulled 7/11 do much better with just an overnight soak as a lot get out wnen they run out of tucker.
    Cheers
    RayAttachment 118118