Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Invention Tailfin

New Invention Tailfin

Ho Folks
    Has anyone seen or used one of these Tailfins.
    It was invented by Peter de Joing. You can view it on facebook. I will be following this with great interest.

Re: New Invention Tailfin

What does it fit, what does it do, what is it?

Ausfish Silver Member

noel,have you got faceache. Tailfin Hydrofoil

Looks interesting concept

I have seen these before they are nothing new, nothing is below the cav plate so it would do absolute nothing btw there are all sorts of hydrfoils out there now i like the ones made for slow trolling or downrigging as i find when i downrigg i am moving to fast i love the bait moving as slowly forward as possible so it stays in the zone longer

image link didnt work, Google Tailfin Hydrofoil Noel

Any other feedback from Ausfish Boaters that have experience with the Tailfin Hydrofoil design?

I personally wouldn't waste my money on it Dicko a majority of what your paying for is above the water and does sfa really, invest your money into something like the OZ Plate Hydrofoil much better design and much more durable they are thick aluminium

becareful with some hydrofoils especially those nasty $25 ones i have seen them pointed up, pointed down, level... they do work but are poorly made and very thick which would create a lot of drag especially on say a 15hp engine

Here is the Tailfin hydrofoil

Yes mate that is the design I was inquiring about. I have done some of my own research locally around North Queensland and I'm yet to hear any negative feedback about the product with the exception of what it looks like. It's not pretty and that is non-debatable, but by all accounts owners of this design are happy with its performance and speak highly of the product.

Never used one, don't know anyone who has, but, it just looks like any other fin/foil except most of it would be clear of the water when running, but who knows?

all on heavy slugs by the looks of it

low mounted outboards and using the water rising up from the transom as a water stream for the side of the foil to grab on to

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    all on heavy slugs by the looks of it

low mounted outboards and using the water rising up from the transom as a water stream for the side of the foil to grab on to
    That's the same conclusion i came to otherwise it has no use at all, i wonder how Tailfin is even in business people must just think it looks cool

because it probably adds benefit to there boats the way they are set up
    unless you are driving them you cant really judge

If u painted it pink and bolted some dildos to it might not look so bad

It will gain traction in the FNQ 'chop' and then some poor bastard will try one out down here. Trimmed out coming in through a bar that piece of shit will bog a transom and kill somebody. All been done before and nobody ever learns.
    nil carborundum illegitimi