Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Invention Tailfin

Re: New Invention Tailfin

Peter De Jong has been spamming FB feeds for years with his crap.

"Ch. 12 Batshittery and other ridiculousness" is where his marketing squarely falls.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

anyone need a bridge?

I found with a deep vee hull the dangly bits off the motor which promised so much were pretty useless apart from the basic plate enlargement ...but even it didnt solve the issue in a happy way...effectively lifting the hull via the central point just ending up with the deep vee hull tipping one way or the other in anything other than calmish flat water.

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    anyone need a bridge?

I found with a deep vee hull the dangly bits off the motor which promised so much were pretty useless apart from the basic plate enlargement ...but even it didnt solve the issue in a happy way...effectively lifting the hull via the central point just ending up with the deep vee hull tipping one way or the other in anything other than calmish flat water.
    you actually tried this foil?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    effectively lifting the hull via the central point just ending up with the deep vee hull tipping one way or the other in anything other than calmish flat water.
    You obviously just aren't man enough to handle "spinning prop thrust" being replaced with "hull stern traction steering". Only those with brass balls can handle a Tailfin to "boss & level the bow remove instability to skip over that next cutter".

What you were ACTUALLY experiencing (were you but alpha enough to realise it): "Steering is self-levelling the hull" and "holds the hull more level on a water Rail". After all, the "high performance Tailfin is based from the vertical & horizontal tailfin of fish engineered into one working unit."

no...I actually fixed the problem a while ago......with other strategies...I have an old ally 180HP "plate" foil if you want it.....I simply dont think ..they are worth the money in most cases.Like covers for golf irons and old London bridges ..theres a market for them which is why they exist.

I have a customer who actually rates these. Hes put one on a 6m boat with a 200 Honda.. he was going to sell the boat before he put one on and hes now hooked... The only thing for me it will put a lot of potential buyer off when they look at your boat. I'm not a fan
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard_King View Post
    I have a customer who actually rates these. Hes put one on a 6m boat with a 200 Honda.. he was going to sell the boat before he put one on and hes now hooked... The only thing for me it will put a lot of potential buyer off when they look at your boat. I'm not a fan
    So the question remains did your customer try any other hydrofoils to compare to the tailfin? Would he get better performance from another brand?

To me the design is crap and the marketting is worse.
    Jack.

i had a customer install one on a 5.5mt.........i wouldnt say its the strongest made bolt on accessery,. and it looks just god aweful but does it work.. yeah.. somewhat.. though i feel the usual saying. if it was amazing it would be the defult lower unit engine design from major manufactures. still commend anyone that brings a product to market

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au