Page 230 of 233 FirstFirst ... 130180220221222223224225226227228229230231232233 LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3493

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I'm going to need a shit load of lights so far looking at 6x amber, 2x white @ $17 each holly shit!! Plus wiring and waterproof connectors

Today i finished making the squash spacers and installed them this afternoon i didn't use a torque wrench but gave them a nice tight turn using the 450mm breaker bar

Tomorrow hopping to reposition the mudguards and grind the calipers for rim clearance
    One set of red/amber on top of your mudgards is all you need send me a pm with your address and I'll send you 4 sets. Waterproof connectors, Save some money, a bit of solder, dual wall heatshrink and your done. If your a bit anal like me I put on some dual wall then in top of that some more dual wall heatshrink. Never fail and a lot cheaper than buying those fittings.

Anks Dig i have a few bob spare next week was just takin back a little at $17 each light at super cheap they would have to be a $2-$3 light to make

Anks Dig i have a few bob spare next week was just takin back a little at $17 each light at super cheap they would have to be a $2-$3 light to make
    I think i paid $23 for 10.

I may have somewhere to keep my boat my older brother has a flat with a double garage (car in front of car style) so its about 11-12 meters deep and about the regular 2.4 meters wide roller door its got a whole bunch of shit in there probably 2 sets of everything to furnish a house, my brother has mentioned the crap needs to go but he hasnt cleaned it in 10 years however i think once my mum's time is up and i'm moved into a one bedder unit i could persway my brother letting me use the garage $50 a month for storage would likely seal the deal since he dont drive
    Hopping to be back on the trailer tomorrow, today was windy wind blew straight through ya just need to get this trailer done..

Scott i'll install those nyloc nuts tomorrow on the tow hitch

Got a bit done today i ground a little bit of the chunky section on the calipers for rim clearance just minorly skimmed it, i drilled and bolted on my mini mover 2 clamp bracket to the drawbar, i repositioned one mudguard but realise i need a heat gun as the mudguard back wall is sucking in touching the wheels

Tomorrow i will order the marker lights and get a plug for the lights i think that is it than shes ready for rego

As for my house and driveway getting the boat in and out the ambulance came the other day to take my mum to hospital and the ambo ladies could'nt get the bed out on my driveway the ambo lady mentioned the house is not suitable for my mum

So now i'm going to concrete the whole driveway right up between the two drive paths just so my mum can get up and down the driveway, the ambos can use the bed, and i get to use it for my boat's electric mover

Left home for 1 hour to pay bills and grab these marker lights and someone had tried breaking into my house they pulled the fly screen off the front bedroom hopping the window was open bastards
    Attached Images Attached Images

The trailer build is almost there guys, 8 bolts in the mudguards, 4 marker lights and the 7 pin plug and she is done.. besides carpet for the bunks, i got the root around today i ....... hate shopping or going anywhere near moderatly filled shops with people, so i firstly tried the sunrise trailer factory for the markers but theirs were shit didn't have tinned wires

Went to bcf got followed around by staff and asked several times if i needed help hate that shit, grabbed 2packs oflights from bcf than went to jaycar packed with shoppers bloke deliberatly locked the doors as i tried to walk out with my led marker lights in myhand another worker said he walked in with those..., had to go back to SCA which they had no stock ofliquid electrical tape but i wasnt going back to jaycar

Jay car, SCA, BCF all in the one complex was a root around

Need to get my receipts in order for the mechanic and im hopping to take the trailer over the weigh bridge on friday ad possibly swing by the blue slip mechanic

Got all my lights installed and wired up got my light plug installed i only ran the two side marker lights i'll use amber reflectors up the sides and two red reflectors on the mud flaps which are the only thing i now need to install

Hopping to take her for rego tomorrow but depends on timing it may go early next week but she is 99% done now
    Attached Images Attached Images

How flat is your hull? Are you adding more rollers once you rego it? I know you mentioned carpet. The only bunk set-ups I have seen like you have are on freshwater ski boats that are a total float off operation

Matt

Hey Matt i recently considered turning the trailer into a roller trailer 4 rows 40 rollers in total but i really just need it registered at this point, i can make some timber V pieces to go between the bunks and sit on each cross member lined with carpet or something just to guide the hull on straight

The bunks measure 2.3m only the hull is 5.7m

No trailer rego for 2 weeks guys as of today we are in 2 weeks lock down all because of 1 driver this is bs

No trailer rego for 2 weeks guys as of today we are in 2 weeks lock down all because of 1 driver this is bs
    I don't believe that driver was at fault, he is being blamed recklessly. Maybe you should blame that dozen or so people who had symptoms but decided not to quarantine because it affected their rights of freedom.

The whole thing is a mess, a handful of people doing what they like/wrong thing, and it sets it all off again, masks, lockdowns, closed borders, people stocking up on toilet paper and food like they are going to die of starvation in a day or have the runs for weeks.

My mum is really worried about the toilet paper shortage she ison like 14 tablets of mixed medication a day and we actually genuinly need toilet paper, i usually buy 2 large packs and people have commented lining up at the checkout which have no idea of my situation, i recall onelady saying "gee are people still buying toilet paper" i have had dirty looks from woolworths workers for buying 2 large packs

I just buy it b7t my mum said one large pack only last us 7 days i tried to comfort me mum in saying we have 1+ 3/4th packets but she is stressing

I feel i may need to explain the situation next time someone questions my shopping but i fear i'll havrmeyou to explain it everytime to new people sadly