Page 229 of 233 FirstFirst ... 129179219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3493

Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Yes, mudflats with reflectors I think, but not 100% if the reflectors have to be on the flap or the mud guard.

No they won’t lock the wheels with the boat on it
    you set the brakes up based on the weight on it

side lights on the guards
    White to the front
    Orange to the side
    red to the rear

and orange reflectors down the side of the rails
    0B4AA3F7-777F-46C5-91EC-3EB0BAE41DB0.jpg

I read the vsb it said i need 1 marker every 3 meters my trailer is 6.5m so i will install 3 down each side just unclear if they have to be on the mudguard or main frame

Not too sure if you need lights or just reflectors down the side, my newish (few years old) mass produced trailer has the "normal" lights on the back, (brake, tail, stop and reverse) reflectors down the trailer frame on the side rails, a white light on the front of the guard and a red on the rear, and mud flaps, so, I'm guessing that would be the minimum required.

The limit in the vsb build standards stops at 6 meters my trailer is 6.5 meters so i require the fancy lights down the trailer i also checked the trailer last night depending on how big the marker lights are i may have no where to install them

My mum is going back into hospital tonight too so its getting real i really hope i do get the boat finished and to use it if i have to sell it

Just so much of life isgetting in the way im not getting any work done, winter days suck so cold, short days are gone so quickly

Not 45 degrees at 7:30 at least. Hope you're Mum goes ok.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gave the old horse a treatment new full synthetic penrite + K&N oil filter + 5 new shoes the car now feels bloody powerful half throttle taking off and im doing 80... the service has given the car a good 50-60% of power increase over howit was the engine just barely revs and ya flyin

Started making some crush spacers for the tow hitch a bit over kill 10mm round bar welded to m16 nuts she was a bit hard to take up bits falling everywhere low amps asnot to obliverate the nuts meant harder striking usually i ramp up the welder and go in hard and hot

But this job looks crappy it was just hard to hold it all together

I will make the other 3 than grind the ends down and square them up for a tight fit

Thanks TRPM no broken bones

Forgot the glamarous pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Forgot the glamarous pics
    That looks a bit different, typically rhs or pipe is used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Shaun i thought of shs but thats thin wall stuff in the size i need it would likely cut into the aluminium as i torque down the bolts or i would need to block off the ends than drill holes so it doesnt cut into the i beam

I'm going to need a shit load of lights so far looking at 6x amber, 2x white @ $17 each holly shit!! Plus wiring and waterproof connectors

Today i finished making the squash spacers and installed them this afternoon i didn't use a torque wrench but gave them a nice tight turn using the 450mm breaker bar

Tomorrow hopping to reposition the mudguards and grind the calipers for rim clearance

Did you use lock nuts on your coupling Gazza?

Nah i have a set of nylock nuts here i thought about putting them on but the regular bolts torqued down really tightly, should i swap them?

I'm going to need a shit load of lights so far looking at 6x amber, 2x white @ $17 each holly shit!!
    I'm not in NSW but that seems way off. I've got one set of clearance lights on the mudguard and standard lights on the rear. Tandem trailer for a 6.4 m boat. Are you sure you're reading about trailer requirements?

Hey Shaun i thought of shs but thats thin wall stuff in the size i need it would likely cut into the aluminium as i torque down the bolts or i would need to block off the ends than drill holes so it doesnt cut into the i beam
    You could use cheap orange electrical conduit to do it, won't affect your ally at all.