Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Just keep dogs, neighbourhood kids and bus loads of nuns clear at all times.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post

This looks safe as. Nothing could possibly go wrong here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short... that was a deliberate quote and post mate quit the bs i am seriously over it

Has anyone tried this stuff? https://www.theboatwarehouse.com.au/...waAlLtEALw_wcB

Saysself levelling so i take it no wet sanding?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Short... that was a deliberate quote and post mate quit the bs i am seriously over it
    giphy.jpg

I'm with Shaun

Well it does look super dodgy unsafe and nothing like anyone recommended

You guys can clearly see the green tie down tying the hull down!!! Ffs if you guys had any common sense you'd work out the jack was removed and the hull was left on the wood.. the jack was there to remove the last 2 meters of hull on the trailer

For the technically picture viewing challenged
    Attached Images Attached Images

Might be a good idea to get it up on an "even keel" if it's going to be there for a while. Are you still thinking of tipping it half over?

What do u guys think about prepping the hull and applying a sealing coat of epoxy resin than applying 2k paint over that do i still need a undercoat?

Hey Noel yeah im tipping it up on its side shortly to start sanding my plan is to use the engine hoist on the rear cleat

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    You guys can clearly see the green tie down tying the hull down!!! Ffs if you guys had any common sense you'd work out the jack was removed and the hull was left on the wood.. the jack was there to remove the last 2 meters of hull on the trailer
    Who would know with you..?

Half the time I think you post dumb shit just to provoke a response so you can cry "poor me"..

Anyway, time for you to get the grinder out now and rip in....

if you apply a full epoxy coating you are going to spend days getting it flat enough to paint
    repair the defects and then use what ever paint method you decide on

seeing it’s on concrete how are you going to not destroy the new paint job getting it back on the trailer

I don't think I would be rooting around with epoxy, self leveling flow cost or anything else, patch as best you can, then paint, roller, brush or spray, do the best you can on the very bottom (chines down to keel) do you have any idea what's on there now?

Seems like time for everyone to take a few deep breaths and step away from the keyboard....again!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I don't think I would be rooting around with epoxy, self leveling flow cost or anything else, patch as best you can, then paint, roller, brush or spray, do the best you can on the very bottom (chines down to keel) do you have any idea what's on there now?
    The paint thatson there now is hard chippy flaky paint i have no idea what it is but paont stripper removes it and there is no undercoat under the paint

Would u go brush gelcoat and leave it? Or would u go 2k roll on like my transom?