Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Console base is 40x25mm dressed pine coated with epoxy resin and left to cure than it's siliconed to the floor, the console will be screwed to the 40x25 pine with coach screws so there are no holes in the floor
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    If i get banned again for the same reason as pictured i am out of here i will not return..
    Lets hope its not too long to wait then.

You only been back a few hours and already had a threatening post removed.

Console base is 40x25mm dressed pine coated with epoxy resin and left to cure than it's siliconed to the floor, the console will be screwed to the 40x25 pine with coach screws so there are no holes in the floor
    Silicone or Sikka? Silicone is not the product to do this with.

If i get banned again for the same reason as pictured i am out of here i will not return..
    Gazza don’t worry about making threats. Just cop it on the chin, it’s over and let’s get that boat finished and on the water.

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Its all about money now Shakey i'm broke so cant do much work wise, trailer is finished other than needing the timber, the boat i installed the ram the other day and im about to install the helm and forward control box but found out i need a special type of hydraulic hose its a nylon semi rigid hydraulic hose it doesnt cost to much but it is a specific hose

Trailer rego i worked out will cost around $500, blue slip, weighbridge ticket and first time registration costs are not cheap

Good thing is i now have all my safety gear for the big boat minus the anchor

Console is bolted down and it feels very strong and sturdy i tried yanking on it and it didnt budge, mercury forward control box installed too

The console looks like swiss cheese but i will build plates to cover the holes later before i paint everything in another coat of northane 2k

The list now for the hull is: install steering, connect the engine cables, patch one hole 3 cuts, glue in bung

Other than that i just need a starter motor, a alternator bracket and a intake filter box for the engine

The boat needs to come off the trailer for a full bottom half sand or grind back not sure how to approach it yet but trying to sand it on the trailer will be impossible

So im going to have to jack it up and some how support the hull, shit gets interesting here because i have never done this before but the hull is a mess on the under side

The boat needs to come off the trailer for a full bottom half sand or grind back not sure how to approach it yet but trying to sand it on the trailer will be impossible

So im going to have to jack it up and some how support the hull, shit gets interesting here because i have never done this before but the hull is a mess on the under side
    Give it a couple of years and some time on the water and it will all fall off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the chips? There are a heap of them due to silly advice i was given "knock off the big barnicles as soon as the boat comes out of the water" doing this chipped the hull... had i just left all the barnicles to dry out to date they turn to dust and just wipe off

I just jacked up the hull and pulled out my 2 bunks now i have room to sand all the hull im going to use 80grit on the orbital sander

What about the chips? There are a heap of them due to silly advice i was given "knock off the big barnicles as soon as the boat comes out of the water" doing this chipped the hull... had i just left all the barnicles to dry out to date they turn to dust and just wipe off

I just jacked up the hull and pulled out my 2 bunks now i have room to sand all the hull im going to use 80grit on the orbital sander
    Chips in the gel coat?

A lot of the chips go into the glass im going to pressure wash the hull tomorrow than start sanding i have some 80 grit just to take that paint off the gelcoat, i'll fill the chips with fumed silica glue mix than sand that than paint or gelcoat

I'm hopping it only takes 2 or 3 afternoons to knock that flaky layer of paint off the whole hull

All the hull that touches water is like in my video here

A lot of the chips go into the glass im going to pressure wash the hull tomorrow than start sanding i have some 80 grit just to take that paint off the gelcoat, i'll fill the chips with fumed silica glue mix than sand that than paint or gelcoat

I'm hopping it only takes 2 or 3 afternoons to knock that flaky layer of paint off the whole hull
    They must hang on for grim death the little buggers.

When the barnicles are fresh out of the water they are incredibly strong the shell like material is shaped like a volcano so the shape is like a pyramid

Theres a white worm that lives inside of the little home they reek like rotton maggot infested meat

My plan of attack from here is to gurni the hull this should remove all the barnicles, than i'll try sand all that chipped flakey paint, i'll prep and fill the chips with epoxy, than i'll move the boat out to the front yard and apply gelcoat by brush from the gunnel rubber down

I know i should be using poly resin to fill the chips but that boat works guy done a poly gelcoat over epoxy and it worked so i'll give it a try

When the barnicles are fresh out of the water they are incredibly strong the shell like material is shaped like a volcano so the shape is like a pyramid

Theres a white worm that lives inside of the little home they reek like rotton maggot infested meat

My plan of attack from here is to gurni the hull this should remove all the barnicles, than i'll try sand all that chipped flakey paint, i'll prep and fill the chips with epoxy, than i'll move the boat out to the front yard and apply gelcoat by brush from the gunnel rubber down

I know i should be using poly resin to fill the chips but that boat works guy done a poly gelcoat over epoxy and it worked so i'll give it a try
    Wow Gazza, going to need some real work to turn that mutton into lamb. Good luck

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Did you say you just used silicon to attach the timber to the floor and bolted the console to that? If that's the case, I am not too sure some "glue" will be adequate after a while of people hanging on and you pulling on the steering wheel while under way, I might be wrong, but it's not how I would attach my console.