Thread: Good vibes!!

Good vibes!!

G'day all,

Finally got out for a proper session a week back. Plan was, poppers and pencils for Whiting or whatever else wanted to play the game around southern Sunshine Coast. I was super excited to try my new combo too (first time using ultra light gear). Shimano Ultegra 1000 with 4lb braid on a Daiwa Mebaring X 7'8" with solid tip. (Goes awesome btw)

I hit the water early with an incoming tide, water was a bit murky looked really good, but the wind was howling! Not the best but anyway. I threw various poppers and pencils for an hour and a half with no interest, so gave up and decided to throw a vibe around in the hope of picking up a flathead lurking around the flats.

First cast.... boom! Solid hit and a bit of a run, lots of flathead like headshakes, I'm thinking... You're a genius!!! Then, in came a lovely 35cm Whiting haha! Bit of a surprise, I was beyond happy! Long time since I've caught anything, so it was just so special and my new rod and reel felt really nice!

Moral of the story, or what I took from this day was, try different things! I had all these different lures in my tackle box that I payed good money for, so bloody use em! Haha, cause I had my head set for a surface session I almost missed out altogether!

Anyway, that was it for the morning, I put in another hour or more but nothing, it was a one hit wonder. I was very happy though and hopefully there's more to come!

Get out there!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Good vibes!!

Good stuff!