Thread: Sandies

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Sandies

Put the pots in Tuesday arvo, checked Wednesday and pulled yesterday.
    First check yielded 13 legal sandies from 4 pots and then yesterdy managed 17 legal sandies from 8 pots. I think with the wind we had yesterday that may have slowed them down, pots were covered with weed.
    On a side note, got a photo from a mate last night who has been getting some muddies lately and he had an aboslute cracker, all land based around brisbane area.
    Good to have some fresh crab for christmas, hope you can all get into them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sandies.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	114966

Re: Sandies

good result mate .. sandies have been very scarce over my way Clontarf / Wood point.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Got 7 last week from 2 pots in the same area so they are pretty consistent at the moment. Crabs were south of there.

yep.. normally around xmas time , the other side of bramble bay around nudgee and Shorncliffe is good for sandies.
    They generally start to be in numbers here from Feb through to June

Isn't that green zoned though around shorncliffe pier area? I have seen pots around in front of Sandgate pool but thought it was green zoned now?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Good to see you got a feed mate. I will have to get out early in the new year, when my mate isn't too busy moving house and give it another go. Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    Isn't that green zoned though around shorncliffe pier area? I have seen pots around in front of Sandgate pool but thought it was green zoned now?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    yes there is a largish green zone area out there.