Thread: how do you clean those pesky electronic wheel sensors

how do you clean those pesky electronic wheel sensors

Well I finally got my Colorado 7 onto the beech at Fraser last week and after going through some soft send etc , I did find some even after all the rain, my ESP electronic stability, said it needed servicing, then the ABS decided it wasn't going to work, a d the rear park assist soon followed by the hill descent and I was waiting for more.

Now when I got back to Inskip I gave her the run through the underbody car wash followed a good blast by the pressure hose around the wheels hoping to get it sorted. Well some of the lights went away but a few kms down the road and they all came back on. Once at home I spent a bit more time with my pressure cleaner and followed with a quick drive everything cleared, I have taken it through its paces for an hour or so and everything is hunky dory.

The question is, short of taking the wheels off and other componentry has anyone found a quick way to clear these sensors while off road,as removing the sensors appears to be fraught with other issues.

I find that the more crap they put into vehicles the more issues you seem to get, I'm starting to miss my old Jackeroo.

Re: how do you clean those pesky electronic wheel sensors

I guess all these "gizmos" are just a fact of life these days, kind of makes you wonder how we all survived back in the "old days" when you had to turn a handle to wind down a window, use the hand brake to start on a hill, use less accelerator to stop spinning the wheels, stick your hand out the window to adjust the outside mirror, and let's not forget seat warmers and Christ knows what else.....

Re: how do you clean those pesky electronic wheel sensors

Update, all sorted, there were 2 issues, first was crap stopping sensors working and were cleaned out. Second turned out the wiring was clamped to fuel hose going into the tank and a solid jolt was enough to break the joint situated in the most easily accessible place, NOT, directly above the fuel tank and this would give me intermittent faults as well.

Noelm, less is better, there's not even room to put a second battery under the hood, something I forgot to check.😕