Thread: Looking for fishing / boating couples to meet Southside Brisbane

Looking for fishing / boating couples to meet Southside Brisbane

Hi we are a couple (late 40's) that live Southside Brisbane and we go fishing and boating mostly in Moreton Bay leaving from either Redland Bay or Manly boat ramps. We have been boating for about 2 years and have a 1750 half cabin Tournamount with a 140hp Suzuki engine that can take 6 adults. We are looking to meet some friends who have similar interest in fishing and boating with or without their own boat.
    We love to fish but not very experienced and are keen to learn more. We have been as far as Curtin Reef on Moreton but not offshore as yet.
    Hope to hear from any one interested?

Re: Looking for fishing / boating couples to meet Southside Brisbane

Welcome SummerOz.

I am sure, given time, people here will work with you on the fishing / boating front.

Keep reading reports etc and even send members a PM and ask them questions.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks Phil
    we will do that and hope to meet some members soon.

G'day SummerOz
    I go out a fair bit anywhere from Tangalooma down to southport. I also do a fair few overnighters here n there most times its just me and my young bloke who's 10 for the overnights, the wife enjoys the day trips more. you are welcome to pm me
    Cheers Craig

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SummersOz View Post
    Hi we are a couple (late 40's) that live Southside Brisbane and we go fishing and boating mostly in Moreton Bay leaving from either Redland Bay or Manly boat ramps. We have been boating for about 2 years and have a 1750 half cabin Tournamount with a 140hp Suzuki engine that can take 6 adults. We are looking to meet some friends who have similar interest in fishing and boating with or without their own boat.
    We love to fish but not very experienced and are keen to learn more. We have been as far as Curtin Reef on Moreton but not offshore as yet.
    Hope to hear from any one interested?
    Nice boat mate! You must be a top fella. Mine is rated to 130hp but only has a 90 evinrude. Yours must fly!
    Have you thought of joining the powerboat anglers club or something similar?
    The other thing to do is put a post on here looking for deckie/company when you are heading out.
    My trips are usually last minute affairs so it is hard to tee up with others

If you are looking for more social boating activities rather than just fishing, you could join the Redlands Boat Club at Cleveland. They have both fishing and social activities.

http://www.redlandsboatclub.org.au

PBA (Power Boat Anglers) fishing club is much more fishing oriented and doesnt run hardly any purely social on-water events. More hard-core fishing oriented.

You can join RBC as a full member (pretty expensive) and you get to use the Members only Club ramp and securd trailer car park at William St Raby Bay near the VMR base.

But you can also join RBC just as a social member and join in all the social events at the Club or on water, its quite inexpensive to join as a social member. They organise social trips to various locations in the southern bay, bbqs at Horseshoe Bay, Blakesleys anchorage etc where the Club takes a big bbq and you byo your own food chairs shade etc.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Hey SummersOz, I am in a similar position. Have a 5.3m Quicksilver Firestar with a 90hp Merc. Love going fishing but limited experience & knowledge in the area. Usually me & the wife or young bloke. I am around Redcliffe Peninsular but happy to meet up and travel around to wherever the fish are. Let me know if you want to try & meet up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    If you are looking for more social boating activities rather than just fishing, you could join the Redlands Boat Club at Cleveland. They have both fishing and social activities.

http://www.redlandsboatclub.org.au

PBA (Power Boat Anglers) fishing club is much more fishing oriented and doesnt run hardly any purely social on-water events. More hard-core fishing oriented.

You can join RBC as a full member (pretty expensive) and you get to use the Members only Club ramp and securd trailer car park at William St Raby Bay near the VMR base.

But you can also join RBC just as a social member and join in all the social events at the Club or on water, its quite inexpensive to join as a social member. They organise social trips to various locations in the southern bay, bbqs at Horseshoe Bay, Blakesleys anchorage etc where the Club takes a big bbq and you byo your own food chairs shade etc.
    Off topic but just curious, have RBC dropped there membership fees since the the new pontoons next door.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Off topic but just curious, have RBC dropped there membership fees since the the new pontoons next door.
    Nope, not that I have heard, but their membership year ends 30 June and the pontoons werent there last June, so I will see what my renewal notice says this year.

I hope they have a serious think about what they offer members that they cant get somewhere else for less. The world changes around every organisation, stand still, and you may find you've gone backwards....

The pontoon was a big attractant for many people, as of course is the carpark. And the RBC carpark was totally chocker on the Easter weekend so it made little difference whether you launched at the club ramp or public ramp because unless you were there early, both carparks were full and you had to park miles away up the road.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thank you much appreciated. We are going out to Mud Island today for some fishing as the weather is good. I'll respond properly tonight. Cheers

Thanks mate for your reply and fully understand about the last minute trips. Our boat goes 65km an hour and it is really fuel efficient so glad we decided to upgrade from the 90hp spec. We have thought about joining a fishing club looks like it might be the way to go. We caught only a shark today and undersized fish at Mud Island so disappointing.
    I think I need to go offshore without the Mrs but need some tuition first so maybe I can find a deck hand who is interested that has some experience.
    Thanks again!

Thanks nards1873 I'll keep in touch!