Thread: NSW rock fishers to wear lifejackets.

NSW rock fishers to wear lifejackets.

Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Re: NSW rock fishers to wear lifejackets.

Doesn't surprise me and probably not a bad thing. I used to live down there and have seen some people with absolutely no idea wander into very dangerous situations without even realising it. Mainly " new Australians". Unfortunately a life jacket probably won't stop a stupid person from trying to scramble back up from where they just got washed off. This is where the damage is done.

think there NUT on life jacket, it hot enough as it is, and from the looks of it, u cant protect stupidity, even if u had a life jack, wash would damage you toward the rocks in some what would be more dangerous with one on rather then not have one

Not to mention that some will now feel extra safe since they have a jacket on!!

Have to agree, can't legislate to protect the stupid.

To start with, they are to be worn at certain dangerous locations, but I imagine that the law will just spread over time to be madatory when rock fishing at all, then, how about jetties, lakes and rivers, where does it end? We already have very strict life jacket laws for boats.

yeh but on boat only when bar crossing otherwise long we got it in the boat ... think just be best that land base should carry it lol

No, in NSW wearing a life jacket is compulsory in several instances, including crossing a bar, kids under a certain age, in Alpine waters, in boats less than 4.8m, boating alone, at night and so on, the laws are very strict in NSW, right or wrong, nanny state or not, it's just how it is.