Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Looking at buying a new dual cab advise welcomed

Re: Looking at buying a new dual cab advise welcomed

Done the deal and bought the Navara. Got a really good deal and very happy with the 150klms done so far. Drives like a car with enough grunt. I will do a test run in a shopping centre one weekend towing the boat to see how it goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice looking truck Goona.

Just remember to be very careful when you're towing your boat on big trips loaded @ 3.5t.

220kg less towbar, less nudge bar (if not a std inclusion), less whatever other options, less your lunchbox less your weight is the spare payload you have left for the decky or the missus! i.e. not much.

Cheers
    Brendon

nice mate...is that the ST model ? ...wasnt to keen on the navara after the d40/d22 but after a look on Australia day they are a nice truck...only let down was the cheezy suede trim ... plenty of room in the back seats ...
    Been looking for a mid range model ...
    collie talked them down to 35k for the LS or 38k for a LTZ
    navara ...36k for the ST
    amarok.. 35k for the core ...
    Ranger...had a 2011 pile of shit ....good luck to anyone who pays the 44k for one ...
    Triton 34k for GLS .....
    BT50 ..over priced...
    hilux... overpriced ...

Yep the new navara is definitely a new beast much nicer car and coils on the rear

Quote Originally Posted by astro66 View Post
    nice mate...is that the ST model ? ...wasnt to keen on the navara after the d40/d22 but after a look on Australia day they are a nice truck...only let down was the cheezy suede trim ... plenty of room in the back seats ...
    Been looking for a mid range model ...
    collie talked them down to 35k for the LS or 38k for a LTZ
    navara ...36k for the ST
    amarok.. 35k for the core ...
    Ranger...had a 2011 pile of shit ....good luck to anyone who pays the 44k for one ...
    Triton 34k for GLS .....
    BT50 ..over priced...
    hilux... overpriced ...
    Hi Astro,

It is the ST model was the same not keen at all on them especially after a lot of bad reports on the 2 previous models and my experience with Nissan warranty with the Patrol I.e. non existent. The trim I have is pretty good and one of the better ones of all the other manufacturers I test drove and you are right plenty of room in the back seats. I am 6'3 and fit no worries plus the ride in the back was the most comfortable of all that we tested. We almost bought a collie but then drove this and they are so much smother.

If you can get the Navara ST for $36k id grab it and resell it. Their RRP is $52k for the auto and the advertised deals at the moment are $47500. I did do better than that though.

Cheer Goona

yeah i cant figure pricing ....they are 44k advertised for the manual ...but they have some that were 38k ...talked to the sales and could do one around the 36k ...for a 2015
    the collie they have one for 32k but is only in white ...advertised for 37k ....
    evey dealer i have visited has been really keen to do a deal ....nissan dealer was trying hard to do a deal ...wanted to do a loan on the spot instead of cash ....spose they make some out of it ...
    One thing every deal talked about was how the amarok could be recalled ....really like them but they are dated compared to some of the others ...
    Dont think you could buy a bad one out of all the brands they all have their good points and bad points ....

That's a really strange thing to say Macca regarding the towed weight not being more than the tow vehicle. It just doesn't make sense. Care to elaborate as to why?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

The only issue I had with the new Navara is despite the song and dance about the coils it was the worst handling ute in the CA and 4x4 Monthly mega tests, and handled a 600kg load about the same as a wagon (poorly), otherwise as a family car and for putting the shopping in it went great (good motor performance) just a bit bizarre it failed quite spectacularly at its core duties against its rivals.

CA have a good review shoeing how badly the rear coils sagged with just 600kg on board where the others improved with more weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy fixed with rising rate springs pretty sure the after market guys will be all over this ....no biggie ....
    I was pretty set on the navara .....thought i would go drive the triton and have a look ....glad i did ...very nice ...drove the GLS ...pretty much on par with the ST ...they have really fixed the interior set out from the last model the seat/trim material is better than the faux suede on the ST that i can see being a prick to keep clean ...
    Plenty of leg room in the back ...super select 4wd is good you can select 2WD/AWD/H4/L4..not as much power but nothing in it really ...6 years warranty/roadside assist ...
    Would have to get a good price to pick the mitzi over the navara though ....though i did go look at the collie again and its dated with the amarok and isuzu compared to the mitzi and nissan ...down to two to choose from ....

Navara has like 10mm thick coils from new so $200 dollars fixes that with heavy coils.
    New triton is junk off road a guy i was with at landcruiser park put his front diff through the sump on an easy track

diff through the sump ? rock through it maybe ...

Quote Originally Posted by astro66 View Post
    diff through the sump ? rock through it maybe ...
    No mate the rock hit the bash plate the bash plate hit the diff the engine and diff are both on rubber mounts and the clearence wasn't enought to stop them hitting each other. Crack was on the drivers side engine out job.

And i shouldn't say the triton is junk i actually like them the new one looks a lot nicer too. But like most new cars they are a bit weak for hard off road stuff I'll stick to my patrol dual cab thanks.

Did the first hwy run today and got this at the end just as I was pulling off the hwy. Was pretty impressed and should get better as the motor gets run in. Got to be happy with that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice......anyone would be happy with that ...my 2011 ranger was using about 11 per hundred lol ...dammit why are all the utes so good ...makes for a hard choice ...