Thread: Monduran donut

Monduran donut

​Well I guess I'll never be allowed north again. What a week away at Monduran ! Four of us went, fished hard early mornings and late afternoons. Didn't catch a fish ( sorry Dave catties don't count) apart from the lack of fish we weathered an earthquake that shook the cabin and caused a blackout. Then we caused a cyclone. And to top it all off caught the mother of a head cold. At least we weren't the only fish less groups only Maurice from Toowoomba caught a fish ( and he's been fishing the dam for the last 12 years) so even he had trouble. We came home 2 days early to avoid the cyclone and this was probably the best decision of the week. Apart from the lack of fish we had a ton of fun and learned a lot about the dam. So perhaps a trip in the future will be more productive. We will however give you all enough notice to ensure your earthquake and flood insurance is adequate!

Re: Monduran donut

Welcome to fishing the barra dams. It aint all beers and skittles. I have had the same experience at Awoonga but in reverse. Fished it for 5 years and never missed - only to pull a donut when I took my young bloke up there for a crack. Don't give up though, it's good fun when you eventually get it wired.

Its a bloody big dam ay. I was Shocked when I did a day trip there. I got one barra strike and had a toga have a go but that was it haha. Ill go back again coz its only 1.5 hrs from here

bad day and good days we all have those...

Will be an even bigger dam after this rain!!

Stick ugly the human Monduran tackleback!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey all, fished Monduran for three days last week. The Dam was dead as a maggot. You name it I tried it! A number of boats there but never heard of one fish caught. Still plenty of new water going in and the temp was down a bit. Its happened before and no doubt will again! Still beats workin!

Mate not enough buddy rum