Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Re-power Cruisemaster 700 with diesel

Re: Re-power Cruisemaster 700 with diesel

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    thought of your boat recently mate. we just added this interesting addition to a clients 700...

the original 700 dash does not make it easy for big electrioncs.. chucked a 12" just off to the side for good measure

Hey Moose, that's cheating !!!!!

I was so close to installing a 12" at one stage but happy with going with the twin 9". As I start to fill my dash up I am getting to like it more then the old dash. As you know there is stuff all room in behind and fitting gear into the dash is not easy. Stuff all room for wiring and the fuse location was not good. I did like the old dash style but just wasn't going to work and throwing the VDO cluster in the wheelie bin was a great feeling as for when it starting playing up I was getting very frustrated.

What did you install on the hard top?

is the grab handle kept for sentimental reasons?

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    is the grab handle kept for sentimental reasons?
    " what happens on the boat, stays on the boat"

I have drawn up the refrigerator box that will become part of the helm seat arrangement to work out materials required and capacity. Going with 70 mm insulation and 20 mm ply also glassed in for the top. Going with a hinged hatch with a double seal that will be flush as this is where you rest your feet and stand so needs to be strong. The box is shaped to the original set up and will refit the old timber panels etc, so will look the same. After drawing and confirming the size it will be 250 L capacity which is not a bad size. With this and the already fridge/freezer in the galley I should have no need to worry about ice.

I am going with 70 mm insulation which I hope will be enough. Don't need it to freeze but do want to be able to get the fish down to a ice cold stage with out the compressor working to hard. The fridge will be near 90 % protected from any heat or sun as it will also be covered in the original panels of the helm unit. Final decision on compressor and equipment will be after some discussions with a expert.

A couple of photos of the helm at present.

IMG_20210319_173308.jpgIMG_20210417_171435.jpg

I have raised the helm unit up 70 mm and also the foot rest section to increase the capacity. I do loose the wine rack and the storage down the bottom which I can certainly live with as I gain the extra deck space not having a esky, so good trade off.

I do have a question on the construction of the box. Hand laying the glass will not be easy inside due to the hatch entry size. My plan is to glass the inside with out the top section and do the top separate and then glue the top panel on the sides.

The question is, will this maybe cause an issue with cold transfer at this joint ?

Other question is, the plan is to do three layers, first 450 gram CSM then 450 gram woven and then a 450 gram CSM to finish and corners will get a little more love as will the bottom. Also thinking of using vinyl ester resin for the last lay up to help with moisture sealing and then flow coat inside and out.

Will also have some timber inserts glassed in for securing to the deck.

Open to any suggestions of improvements people.

Below is a couple of drawings of the proposal.

Ice box 3.jpg
    Ice box 4.jpg