Thread: Any fish getting caught at Monduran.

Any fish getting caught at Monduran.

With this shit weather depressin me im considering doin a run to monduran tomorrow. Just wondering if im wasting my time.

Guess it would still beat sitting on my arse in front of the tv ha.

Re: Any fish getting caught at Monduran.

G'day scorpo, heading up for a crack after chrissy for the first time since the flooding so cant help but let me know how you went if you could. Ben

Just got back today after a five day trip. We were hoping for good temps and hot fishing but it just isn't firing. We picked up a number of catfish and dropped two barra about the 50cm mark for the time we were there. Spoke to others including two guides who reported zero fish too (felt a little better knowing we weren't the only ones). I would wait a few weeks for some consistent weather patterns if you can as it just isn't happening at the moment. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    Just got back today after a five day trip. We were hoping for good temps and hot fishing but it just isn't firing. We picked up a number of catfish and dropped two barra about the 50cm mark for the time we were there. Spoke to others including two guides who reported zero fish too (felt a little better knowing we weren't the only ones). I would wait a few weeks for some consistent weather patterns if you can as it just isn't happening at the moment. Hope this helps.
    Thanks a lot mate. Sorry to hear u doin go great. I just went 40nm off DI today only to find I couldnt hold bottom with a 1.5kg sinker even in 70m...... I will wait till I here good report from monduran. Cheers

I'm heading home from Toogoom to Rockhampton tomorrow and was going to take the boat into Monduran for a few hours on my way past but not sure I'll bother after reading this

Thanks for the report One day, Doesn't sound too promising but heading up tomorrow regardless. Any hints on the area you hooked a couple? Ben

I have seen the odd fish caught lately by the local guides posted on their facebook pages.

Fished hard in alot of areas with a variety of lures top to bottom the past couple of days for zero hits. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOEY View Post
    Fished hard in alot of areas with a variety of lures top to bottom the past couple of days for zero hits. Ben
    Terrible to hear mate. Bit disheartening ay

All good scorpo, hopefully it recovers to it's former glory one day but it is far from that at the moment. Ben