Thread: Eurimbula Creek camping with boat

Eurimbula Creek camping with boat

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I'm looking for a spot to camp over the new year break where I can be close to a boat ramp or have the boat in the water near my camp. I'm looking to head offshore around 1770. I was thinking of Eurimbula Creek. Not sure how bad the mozzies/midgies are though, and what the boat access is like.

Re: Eurimbula Creek camping with boat

boat access is minimal there... unless you have a less than 4mtr tinnie. The ramp is a mud slide into a very tidal creek..

The sandflies will carry you away at that time of the year....... seriously ...

Maybe a better option would be Middle Creek. better ramp and access.

These two areas are quite popular though. I would not leave my boat in the water at either location....

There is another option of camping at Pancake Creek, you'll have to get there by boat though. Two ways........ but the only safe way ( for your vehicle ) is to travel via 1770.... launch boat at 1770 and head about 25k's to Bustard Head and then into the creek. Great camping spots just inside and quick access to Outter, Middle and Inner rocks, as well as Pancake Bomie Reef and further afield. This will require a little planning though.

If you can, camp at 1770 or Agnes Water, for the best offshore access, security and infrastructure.

cheers LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 20-11-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

options........... Look up stuff on Baffle Creek.

LP

Everything seems booked out at 1770. I'll do a bit of research on camping at Agnes though. Probably won't be able to do boat access camping as its three adults in a 4.4m tinny. Thanks for the suggestions.

The problem you will have with middle creek is there is only a limited number of spots to camp. Eurimbula has more spots to camp and as Phill said you would not want to leave your boat in the water at either. Eurimbula is also a crab sanctuary so no crab pots in there. As Phill mentioned there is Pancake creek and one of the options is launching at 1770 but the other option is launching at Turkey beach and camping at Pancake.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

There are 4 caravan/camping parks around the area. There is the 1770 camp grounds ( http://www.1770campingground.com.au/ ), Captain Cook holiday park (http://1770holidayvillage.com.au/ ), Agnes Water Beach (https://www.agneswaterbeach.com.au/a...n/caravan-park ) and just out of town is the Discovery Coast Caravan park (http://www.discoverycoastcaravanpark.com.au/index.htm ).
    There is also the option of renting a house but that will be more expensive.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Baffle Creek
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    The problem you will have with middle creek is there is only a limited number of spots to camp. Eurimbula has more spots to camp and as Phill said you would not want to leave your boat in the water at either. Eurimbula is also a crab sanctuary so no crab pots in there. As Phill mentioned there is Pancake creek and one of the options is launching at 1770 but the other option is launching at Turkey beach and camping at Pancake.
    You can crab in Eurimbula, it is only a Mud Crab sanctuary. But try telling that to the muddies that want to eat your Sandcrab bait in your pots. It's just safer to not crab in the creek at all.