Thread: Wanted Jetski fishing Rack

Wanted Jetski fishing Rack

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone is selling a jetski fishing rack?
    I have a 09 FXSHO and am based on the Gold Coast.

Let me know!

Re: Wanted Jetski fishing Rack

Mate just make ur own. I have HO CRUISER and got an 85 litre esky that sits on the back beautifully.
    if you buy a rack then they only take a 45 litre esky and new they are $700 or more.

mine will never move. I have a stainless toggle bolt on front of esky to ski hitch spot, then i have 2 stainless smaller toggle bolts at rear of esky down to step.

i bought the esky from evakool direct at coloundra, for half the price of BCF. I paid $169, and as a second it was exactly the same as new. Jump onto evakool site and look under seconds, you will be surprised how many they have.

I have put 4 rod holders onto esky and screwed plastic boxes onto lid to put all my fishing tackle and plastics.

Send me ur email addess and I will send you a pick.

i would say the whole project costs around $250 max and thats an esky 600mm wide. I put full bag of ice inside an will only use about a third after full day of fishing.

cheers
    greg

Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

The factory made ones are to expensive and u are governed by where and direction of rod holders.
    In my opinion these manufasturers are not fisherman and have no idea.

Thanks for the reply guys!
    Work away so don't really have the time to make one was hoping someone may have been selling one.
    Bd

There are a few on gumtree under jet ski section.

I followed the directions that I found on this website.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117108
    About making a rack out of PVC.
    Mine is a bit smaller to accommodate my old ski and its small step.I couldn't change a lot about the overall design though due to the size of the connectors.
    The connections were pretty tough to source in Australia, particularly the X pieces of which I needed 21 (some shops wanted $10-$12 a piece for them).
    Finally found a place that supplied everything I needed at a decent price.
    It was actually a lot of work, and quite a lot of de-constructing and re-building after numerous screw-ups/ modifications that didn't work....
    Got it finished, not perfect, but I am pretty happy with the outcome.
    Painted in Matt White.
    I got one of the Seconds Eski's from IceKool at Caloundra. 45L for $99. Happy with that. Couldve gone a bit bigger, but my ski is pretty small compared to what you can get these days, so I reckon it is a perfect size.
    2014-12-10 17.42.29.jpg2014-12-10 17.42.05.jpg

I think the beauty of the PVC is the ability to easily modify and repair it. No welding, just pull it apart and add/remove what you want. Easy to drill and easy to screw. Once you're done, just grab a can of spray paint and no one is the wiser.

Thinking about putting an attachment on top for crab pots....
    Something like this, but in PVC http://mmstainless.com.au/pages/Crab_Pot_Packs.html
    Will post if I decide to do it.

Wouldn't you glue the connectors together?

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post
    Wouldn't you glue the connectors together?
    Yeah. It is strong as.

I guess you have a point. I wasn't real clear. Pulling it apart isn't so straight forward. It is a pain in the ass actually, but easier then having to cut Stainless. You've got to cut it apart, then re-glue the connectors.
    Once you glue it back up, you can't tell it was ever apart though.

I made my own. I had it on Yammy HO cruiser.

85 lit esky. All stainless fittings. Boxes are screwed on top for tackle or whatever.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And i forgot to mention, its for sale $250