Thread: Stolen - 2012 Grey Suzuki DR650 - Rego 149IR

Stolen - 2012 Grey Suzuki DR650 - Rego 149IR

Had another bike stolen from the CBD today. DR650, grey with an after market grey 20l Acerbis tank. Also had protaper bars, a seat concepts seat and B&B bash plate, with a Garmin Montanna GPS rugged mount on the bars.

Bike is insured, but 2 months out of new for old replacement, so I am going to cop a big loss on it.

Re: Stolen - 2012 Grey Suzuki DR650 - Rego 149IR

Not again........... ? unlucky..... guess you'll be getting speeding fines and toll fees in the mail now... ?

Better luck with the next one and no idea how to stop these turds

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Not again........... ? unlucky..... guess you'll be getting speeding fines and toll fees in the mail now... ?

Better luck with the next one and no idea how to stop these turds

cheers Phill
    Yeah, been looking at the govia account but nothing yet. Not sure how they took it, but it had a Xena alarmed disc lock on the front caliper. The disc lock was no where to be seen, so they either wheeled it away on the back wheel or put it into a van or something. I had a scout around the bottom of the hill but could not see the disc lock either. Not having the DR to look at, it may be possible that they unbolted the caliper, not sure if there is enough room for the lock to spin without it. Suffice to say, I guess the disc locks are a waste of money.

So from now on, its going to be a decent lockwood lock on each disc, with one of those hard to cut wire chains around the frame. I have also ordered a waterproof GPS tracker for the Tiger. I plan to replace the DR, and it will also have a GPS tracker.

I must have been a bad prick in another life. 2 bikes stolen in the space of 3 odd years. This one is not like the last though, the last one was a new bike. I have had the DR for a while now and its carried me out of the bush with a broken knee among other injuries, and its also conquered a lot of back country territory with me on the saddle. She's bucked me off, but she's also saved my arse on many occasions. Not much chance, but I am kinda hoping this one might get found.

mate it takes them seconds to put them in a van/ute....disc locks are worthless....i use one on my r1 but its only a visual thing to stop dickheads

Had a Joke about Xena, but losing the bike is shit.. keep an eye out..

Regards
    Honda.

The problem with new bikes. My old kick start Suzuki Dakar I'd even give my mates the keys - 'you get the bitch started, you can take her for a ride'. A couple succeeded but most came back crying
    Best of luck with yours, sound like it was just picked up an put in a ute?
    nil carborundum illegitimi