Thread: New scarborough boat fisho!

New scarborough boat fisho!

Hi all

New to boating but been out a dozen or so times launching from scarborough. Pretty much stuck to the area, fishing scarborough reef etc. done alright with a few decent size cod and undersized Cobia, as well as the usual tailor and squire. I am planning on venturing a little further over the next few weekends and fancy trying my hand at a bit of beacon bashing or finding some better size snapper.

Any advice on best areas to head for out of scarborough. I have a 5.25 revival cuddy cab so happy to do a bit of distance but was hoping to see what sort of areas are closest and best chance for someone new to this sort of fishing. Anyone with some local knowledge and no boat, or with a boat for that matter who wants a trip out be glad to. Always happy to meet a new fisho and would be good to have a local along.

also is there any decent clubs or fisho social scene in the scarborough area. As I say new to the area so keen to buy a beer or 2 in exchange for those with the local knowledge.

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Re: New scarborough boat fisho!

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your reports

Best advice I can give is get a decent wonder and start exploring. You will find it far more satisfying. Not many blokes are willing to share their spots on an open forum.

Good luck with it mate!!