Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought my first brand new turbo diesel 4WD - any tips??

Re: Just bought my first brand new turbo diesel 4WD - any tips??

Mate ring Peter the owner of Redlands 4wd Centre in Capalaba. I can't see on Tapatalk where you live but drop in and see him if you are in the area. He has just taken delivery of a 2014 Collie. After 17 years of lifting towing, off road and comp trucks it will be good to see what he does to his. It will tow his LR Defender comp truck to the Tuff Tracks courses so he will get a good set up for both towing and ground clearance and protection.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Yep I have run a Scanguage on my Discovery2 for years. They can tell you a lot but also the actual water temp....modern guages for temp are rubbish only moving of 'normal' when its basically seconds from cooking.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Update:
    pick up my new collie and put some aftermarket wheels on her, then went for a drive ...... all the way to Gladstone!!!! Am I happy .. u betcha, so far I'm sold it's comfortable got heaps of power (loads of low down torque) and the first tank went 900kms (fuel light came on at 895kms but who's counting) I wasn't sure on the auto but now I wouldn't want anything else, seems to always be in the right slot at the right time. the transmission control unit is spot on. The tyre shop strongly recommended sticking to the factory size tyre so the factory shift points were the same and that was excellent advise as it seems to be extremely well calibraited to the shift points with 60km 80km and 100km holding in the appropiate gear just after the shift point and right in the 1600-1700 torque zone. if the load increases (up hill etc) the rev stay the same and the turbo spools up creating the required torque. just brillant. very very happy camper ATM.

BigE