Thread: NPD and Kurwongbah SEQ water review released

NPD and Kurwongbah SEQ water review released

www.seqwater.com.au/recreation/recreation-review
    Boating
    In order to protect our drinking water supplies it is necessary to continue to
    restrict the use of watercraft on Lake Samsonvale. The initial risk assessment
    looking at the impact of increased on-water recreational activities at Lake
    Samsonvale has indicated that further comprehensive analysis is required before
    any fi nal determinations can be made.
    In order to manage the watercraft on the lake, boating access continues to be
    permitted only through the Lake Samsonvale Water Sports Association or the
    Pine Rivers Fish Management Association at this stage.
    Kurwongbah
    Open access for paddle craft via Mick Hafling park once facalities provided.
    Cheers
    Ray

Re: NPD and Kurwongbah SEQ water review released

Kurwongba is set to be a potential safety hazzard with the combined skiing and paddle craft on the same stretches of water at the same time....I suggest they should install a paddle craft launching area off Margaret Road or somewhere NW of the ski ramp area.
    Jack.

Ski boats and yaks coexist ok on other dams.The ski boats and rowers have been side by side there for years and the number of skiers are limited not like other dams.
    Cheers
    Ray

The ski boats will be gone guys........straight from the SEQWater Rec Review update for Kurwongbah.

"Please note that only non-motorised craft will be permitted on the lake.
    Waterskiing, jet skiing, wakeboarding and tubing will not be permitted."
    ~~~><))))*>

Read the release on Kurwongbah!! The ski boats will no longer be allowed on the dam!!

Extract from press release that I missed.

The opening up of Lake Kurwongbah to the community for kayaking and canoeing means water skiing will no longer be permitted on the lake.
    Members of the Lake Kurwongbah Water Ski Zone club will be provided with free boat permits for three years to use Lake Somerset. The recreation guides for Lakes Samsonvale and Kurwongbah can be found at www.seqwater.com.au/recreview.
    Would be nice for old ski club lease area opened for public use as that is where the best land based fishing is.
    Cheers
    Ray

Ski Road has no facilities at present, so I suspect it will be a fair length of time before it's "officially" opened.

Personally I think there'll be more people on the water in both dams immediately!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Ski Road has no facilities at present, so I suspect it will be a fair length of time before it's "officially" opened.

Personally I think there'll be more people on the water in both dams immediately!!
    Ski road has a washdown shed and a portaloo. Unless the ski club takes these away.

Rangers are actively chasing people off both dams now.
    Cheers
    Ray