Under the Noosa River

Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Re: Under the Noosa River

Brilliant footage!!

Looks like a very healthy waterway.

Tony

Good Vid, however I do not think that vid is entirely shot within the Noosa River though.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Good Vid, however I do not think that vid is entirely shot within the Noosa River though.
    yeh Im trying real hard to work out where those schools of jack and jewies might be, but I do believe you would get every species you see there in the river
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

Great stuff. I will follow up with the website.

If that's all in the Noosa River (not saying it isn't) then I'm shocked as all hell! The visibility alone is outstanding! Better than some places 30km offshore. If it is, then I'll be taking my gear there for sure. What time of year was that shot?

Great vid, and beautiful photography, by the way.

Cuzza

River mouth is usually clear as well as across from the caravan park on the run in at times but I was surprised by the slow current in some of the shots

Hi guys,

Thanks aussiebasser for sharing our work, and to the rest of the posters for your interest.

All the footage was indeed shot inside the Noosa River, between October 2013 and January 2014. Mostly at the river mouth, but some further downstream around the boat rental jetties. You can watch most of the raw footage which includes the date the clip was shot on our website - just search for the species you are interested in and click on the images for more details.

"Great" visibility only happens once or twice each year, and "good" visibility usually 3-5 days per month depending on the tides and offshore conditions. After rain we may go months or even years without usable visibility. I started filming here in 2011 but have only managed 18 dives so far. I always dive at the top of the tide which is why it the current eventually stops - albeit for about 5 minutes and only if there is no swell pumping more water into the mouth. Regardless of the strength of current, you can always find a place to hide around the corner where the eddy brings weed, jellyfish, rubbish and divers together.

The jew and trevallies are always there, working their way up and down along the wall.

There is no sign but beware spearfishing is not allowed at the rock wall and DPI are usually there pretty quick with their fine book.

Happy to answer any other questions.
    Cheers,
    Josh

Thank you Josh. A mate sent me the link and I thought it was worth sharing. Love your work.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

great work josh, brilliant editing and great camera work

Been diving all over the noosa river....seen the jack so thick you cant see through them 50/60 fish under each jetty.....if you go along any of the rock walls around munna point and up into the canals you find just about any of the fish you have in your tank...pineapples..semis....heniocus...every type of angel or thread fin...
    There used to beca 44gallon drum under the fisheries jetty with a huge cod in it...i mean massive...he used to chace you out if you got in close..

Quote Originally Posted by astro66 View Post
    Been diving all over the noosa river....seen the jack so thick you cant see through them 50/60 fish under each jetty.....if you go along any of the rock walls around munna point and up into the canals you find just about any of the fish you have in your tank...pineapples..semis....heniocus...every type of angel or thread fin...
    There used to beca 44gallon drum under the fisheries jetty with a huge cod in it...i mean massive...he used to chace you out if you got in close..
    Thanks for the info astro66, I'm looking forward to seeing some of that.

There used to be huge schools of moses pearch under the fisheries jetty and yes that cod scared the crap out of me a few times but I never saw the drum he came out of. The end of the street next to the fisheries has a nice little rock wall if the visibility is good. Its amazing how many lures are there...

Did you use a go pro to film?

Also do es anyone know what the fish at 1min is? I caught one in a cast net around Christmas but wasn't game to touch it. I flicked it back and it buried itself like a stingray.

Jmwarner,

Looks like a fortescue to me, mate. You did the right the by not touching - they bloody well sting!!!

Cuzza