Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lamb Shoulder

Re: lamb Shoulder

pppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Check the Weber Au website recipes.

I have done their Vietnamese snapper a couple of times, really tasty. No reason it wouldn’t work with other species.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

pppppppppppppppppppppppp

Another big +1 for Weber products and most importantly service.
    I had a Weber “Flat Top” for years and it was still working beautifully as I “walked out the door” so to speak.
    I did phone up for parts a couple of times expecting to pay and was told each time that the parts would be shipped to me free of charge.
    I only had issues with mud daubers nothing to fault the BBQ about.
    Many times I had all 6 burners working hard to feed a party.
    Very sturdy product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I shall forever remember the correct spelling now WEBER .......
    Ok, well mines the Gas one, not the charcoal version, Hmmm, I may have to be tempted in getting one of those Puppies !.......

Still finding my feet with this one, but I can feel the pull towards some more serious cooking time.......
    I'll tell ya what though, Sundays Lamb rack was beautiful, but geez it's the best way to do roast Tatties and the like, now they were delicious .

I've got a wee smoker I usually do all the Aussie Salmon in, but never smoked meat,,, But I think I may well be looking into this.
    Cheers Moonlighter, a Xmas project I see in front of me now....

Col
    If you watch Gumtree etc you can sometimes pick up a used Weber kettle for a decent price - but have to be REAL quick cause there are crazy collectors out there who will try to gazump you with the seller. Just make sure its a genuine Weber.

My wife even spotted a gnarly old red one on the kerbside cleanup a few years ago and grabbed it.

I took some time to clean it up and restored it with some new parts from Weber and some bits I had sitting around from other old kettles.

It had some bad crazing on the sides and a few dings. But I got it glossy shiny inside put a new grill rack in and cleaned the legs etc up and put her all back together. Got some new charcoal baskets from the Weber shop. The kettles are coated in a super hard baked gloss enamel inside and out, so going over them with a razor scraper gets rid of built up scum etc then we use fine steel wool to polish them up like new.

Once it was finished I gave it to my nephew, told him it was a “ratrod weber”.

The young folk these days go nuts over old stuff or even new stuff that is made to look old and weathered. He was absolutely wrapped with it. And of course it was pristine inside where the cooking happens anyway.

Weber actually have an excellent “how to restore your kettle” on their webpage.

If you want to do some smoking one of the nicest things to use is dry old banksia cones. They give a great mild “billy tea” smoky flavour.

For the gas Q’s one of the best accessories is the pizza stone and pizza trays. Put the stone in get it nice n hot than on with the pizza on the alloy tray. 12 minutes on high or med high and youve got great home made pizzas. I use Afghan flat Soda bread for the bases it works great and cheap as chips.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

pppppppppppppppppppppp