Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather Forecast Sunday 5/1

Weather Forecast Sunday 5/1

so keeping an eye on seabreeze for last couple days, thought i might actually get a chance to get out of the river and into the bay , had planned on Pearl channel, northern bay area.
    Seabreeze still saying pretty awesome conditions, 5-10knots all day pretty much - 1knot by 4pm
    Coastwatch says 20-25 knots for the bay.
    I cant head out there based on that.
    Tide looks ok for some creek crabbing i guess ...
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Re: Weather Forecast Sunday 5/1

Weather forecasting leaves a lot to be desired, surely in this day and age they can get it a little closer that as you have stated.

I used to travel the USA and central America on Privately owned motor yachts in the late 90's we used to use weather routing out of New York. They were pretty dam accurate forecasting weather on our trips at sea, we would leave from Ft Lauderdale Florida to Colon (panama) and they would forecast the weather spot on for the 4-5 day trip.

YeAh, i saw that too. Kinda makes you suspicious when the forecasts are so markedly different. Dont know who to believe.

my last 2 trips out have seen the official BOM forecast well wide of the mark. On one of them, they under-predicted by about 15 knots (predicted 10, was actually 20-25 knots) and the other time they said 15-20 and it was about 5knots.

It's gettin to be like the old days where the routine forecast message was like this:

"Now lets cross to the weather...... The boys at the weather bureau have been out on the roof, and it's pissing down with rain".

Thats what i call a helpful forecast.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Me Too - had my hopes up to go outside until I looked at Bom and Willy. Usually if all 3 forecasts (Seabreeze,Bom,Willy) line up things look pretty stable, but 1 out of 3 is a bit optimistic. Still might wake up at 4am and take a look at the observations.

BOM is showing northerlies all night tonight and day tomorrow and seabreeze is showing SE. At the moment at my place it is howling SE. So seabreeze has the direction right but the strength wrong. My prediction is it will drop out and be a nice day. But hey, I have been known to be wrong occasionally

blowing 30kn SE here in Redcliffe , should make the bay nice n lumpy in the morning if it doesnt settle down
    Im tippin it will be reasonable early but blow up after lunch , Seabreeze prediction of 1knot at 4pm tomorrow is unlikely

It's a howling SE at my place too.
    Darren

At 10pm tonight seabreeze say's it's going to be 0 knot's. I doubt that. What do you reckon?
    Darren

I have been told that the seabreeze predictions are done by a computer model(program).
    Not sure about BOM or Willy's.
    Darren

I had planned on giving the new boat it's first run in the bay tomorrow. Sea breeze says yes yes yes but every one else says nooooo. Funny that there can be such a difference when you would think that most sites would get their information from the same source.

Well Ive just hooked up the boat, Ill be on weather watch all night then make the final call about 5am.

Its blowing here at North Lakes as well. Went over the Hornybrook bridge about 6.30pm and it was howling and the bay was full of white caps grrrrrrrr.....

yep it's sad. wouldn't they all get there info from bom anyway????

seabreeze has the best graph for sure. shame you can't rely on it.
    take a feed & leave the rest to breed

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimex View Post
    Well Ive just hooked up the boat, Ill be on weather watch all night then make the final call about 5am.

Its blowing here at North Lakes as well. Went over the Hornybrook bridge about 6.30pm and it was howling and the bay was full of white caps grrrrrrrr.....
    Where are you fishing tomorrow kiwimex?

Would like to try a couple of snapper spots on my way to Tangalooma

I wasn't planning a trip so it's going to be great!

Scalem