Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Estimate a value for a year 2000 seafarer victory HULL ONLY

Cool Estimate a value for a year 2000 seafarer victory HULL ONLY

Hi All, I know most boats are valued using the B.M.T value, plus extras but would really appreciate some honest opinions of the HULL value of a 2000 seafarer victory.

I think a maker's reputation adds to the price in this case, but we are talking 13 years (young)/ old hull here.

I'm thinking the wiring would need to be replaced by this age as well.

Would $20K be a fair estimate? To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue.

Just hit me with a few figures , no need to justify anything.

Thanks John.

Re: Estimate a value for a year 2000 seafarer victory HULL ONLY

hi depends on the condition and equipment but it is more than I d pay however add a new trailer $ 8000 and new outboard $25000 maybe some new electronics $2000 really depends on if the hull is worth spending the extra money on as well as the cost .look around at whats available for $40-50000 and theres your answer

I'd pay $ 20k for a good nick 2000 Victory Hull. If you did spend $8000 on a trailer and picked up a 150 Opti for $15000, for a total spend of mid 40s, you've got a good rig.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Hi. Thanks for your opinions.
    Some sellers of this model boat seem reluctant to realize that a 13 year old boat hull is just that. Makes me think that a hull with a good reputation may be worth refurbishing and repowering.
    Do fiberglass boats last for ever? Your opinion on this aspect also welcome.
    Thanks john

What motor is on it now?
    What trailer is it on?
    Whats the frp surface like, chalky, well polished? Any scratches or dings, how is the keel?
    Whats the floor like?
    Any movement in the transom when you swing on the existing motor?
    What could go wrong.......................

I believe fibreglass does last forever, particularly on a trailer boat not subject to osmosis. Solid glass just does not deteriorate. Like someone said on the glass vs. plate thread, with glass, grind it bog it and paint it; presto you have a new hull. Now going to the stringers and everything from the floor down, the transom, and the trailer, you know that eventually wood rots, iron rusts, and motors die, IMO.
    Steve
    S&S34
    Spirited 230

20k for a 13 year old hull. No thankyou. But there are plenty that love the Seafarers so maybe you will get it. I just think for another 5-10k you can get yourself a good offshore boat ready to roll. Probably with a 4 stroke!

Hi to 'thelump'. Mate I'm buying not selling and what I think is that boats with a good reputation are overpriced.
    I would welcome your suggested alternative boats especially with 4 stroke outboards.
    thanks john.

Hi 'chimo' Motor is 2 stroke; 3-400hrs worth about $5K. Trailer $0. Hull in good nick but suspect wiring (age).
    Hence the question what is the seafarer victory 13year old hull alone worth?
    It's easy to value motors and trailers but hard to value hulls.
    Thanks john

Hi John

What breed of motor?

The Vic would be the later hull by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by fairpractice View Post
    Hi to 'thelump'. Mate I'm buying not selling and what I think is that boats with a good reputation are overpriced.
    I would welcome your suggested alternative boats especially with 4 stroke outboards.
    thanks john.
    There is a Cruisecraft in the classified here for 19k with a 4 stroke!

Quote Originally Posted by fairpractice View Post
    Hi 'chimo' Motor is 2 stroke; 3-400hrs worth about $5K. Trailer $0. Hull in good nick but suspect wiring (age).
    Hence the question what is the seafarer victory 13year old hull alone worth?
    It's easy to value motors and trailers but hard to value hulls.
    Thanks john
    3-400hrs is nothing for a 2000 model motor. At the end of the day they do command big dollars for what they are and IMHO they are not worth it. But maybe that's just me? Like I said there must be something there if they are still getting that sort of money. Have you been for a ride in one?

If you know the price of motors, trailers, accessories then can't you work backward from a bmt package to find out the price of the hull

20k for a 13 year old hull only is ridiculous! is this boat complete? And you only see value in the hull? If so look elsewhere

From an earlier post "Motor is 2 stroke; 3-400hrs worth about $5K. Trailer $0. Hull in good nick but suspect wiring (age)."

hi ....when i was looking for a victory 4.5 years ago i got a quote for a new hull with standard features only (haines built hull)...back then the price was $30,515.25 + gst = $33,566.78 . i also have a price list of all optional extras as well...they had a boat show special BMT 175 suzuki / dunbier (hydraulic brakes) package with some fitted options for $78,9990 ...

i was never keen on buying a haines built hull after knowing the build quality of a fry built hull as i owned and fished out of 2001 5.5 vouge for 8 years.. I ended up buying a second hand 2004 vic with just about every optional extra .. old mate had evan put a set top box with dvd in the cab..left his ninja turtle dvd in the player ...LOL...

let me know if you would like a copy of the options price list might help with your decision on price of the hull you are looking at
    this hull you are thinking about buying is that the original motor ? so the hull has only 3-400 hours use? is it or was it on a trailer or kept in the water?
    cheers mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........