Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1770 overnighter.

Re: 1770 overnighter.

Quote Originally Posted by antos01 View Post
    Soulfish and Banana,

Just wanted to thank you both for a trip of a lifetime!!!!!!!!!! I have been dreaming of a fish like that for years and Soulfish you know that we have been planning a trip like that for over 3 years now..

Keith you are right, i am well and truly hooked! That is an amazing place and i really appreciate your hospitality and advice in fishing up there, i have already started to make new rigs.

What made that trip even better than the fishing was the people we got to fish with, whether it was on Maverick or Giddy Up, everyone was open to discuss all fishing methods and techniques to help each other out to catch more fish, that is was fishing is all about! Good company, a few laughs and a couple of drinks. You guys are always welcome on Reel Instinct!!!

Soulfish, i don't know how you did it but well done persisting through with that knee...
    Thanks Steve,

Mate your more than welcome anytime, I will definitely take you up on Reel instinct this year when you finally get your house completed.

I'll be excited to go popping with you and a bit of trolling next time your free to head up just to do something different. Maybe Mad Mackeral might join us with Overdraft and we can do the trifecta of Jigging (Overdraft & Perry), Popping (you and me) Trolling (Rock, Paper,Sizzors) and drinking beer (One in all in).

Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes1 View Post
    Finally found time to catch up on the goss after catching up on my workload after a day off fishing .
    Great to see you enjoyed yourself Tony.
    We all had a ball, was nice to meet you / catch up with Will again ( & the new crew of Maverick -Steve, Brent & Mitch ) & yes you definitely did well. Especially for your first trip.
    Must have been the captain putting us on the fish LOL
    Mitch is a great host Jason, he can come serve us beers at my next BBQ.

Yes, Jason you would have loved being on Giddyup
    Me & Keith had a laugh about it this afternoon.

It could've been a shoulder charge.
    Why wasn't the go-pro on then Keith?
    Were you trying to feed me to that tiger shark lurking in the deep

All in all another successful trip with great guys who share the same passion for fishing.
    Can't wait to do it again boys.

Thanks guys
    Bobby what can I say...... Or should I say nothing....... It was a great tackle and I was just concerned you were going to fall out the boat while gaffing my red. You should thank me for grabbing you and helping adjust the BBQ. lol

Looking back at it Bob it was getting a bit heated from my end and you are the biggest shit stirrer i have ever met but you definitely make the trips more enjoyable and i'm glad I don't carry a power head!! LOL
    I particularly like your comments coming in.."I wont be doing another trip this year" and my reply.."yeah that will do it for me" and then our discussion yesterday..."shit the weathers looking good this week"...LOL

Always good Bobsta

Maverick is a awesome looking rig, where is the house/shed that is in the pic of maverick? would love to get something up that way myself someday, it looks like a great set up. cheers Mark

Quote Originally Posted by overdraft View Post
    Well done again on an exceptional effort not just on the catch ( groundhog day 29 reds 64 trout, 46 maori cod and 102 red throat would be something different if you caught and posted maybe just 1 Samson fish.)but also on your amazing skills in making Bobby (Mojoes) look good, you have truly turned him into the Rex Hunt of 1770 in fishing and the Jamie Oliver of Cooking.

Great effort and well done a bit better than I did on the weekend.

Danny
    Mate the last time you jigged that monster Samson I though why would guys like you and perry put yourself through that!!! Nothing changed you guys are nuts!!

What happened champ? Where were you? I was hoping to see you out there on Friday night for the usual comedy act. I was disappointed with your no show.

Mate Moejoes is more like Gourmet Bob than jamie oliver he learnt from his best mate and mentor Gourmet Gazz. Old Bobby can fish I'll give him that it's just his decky skills we need to work on now....

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    I remember within the first few trips up there someone told me fishing locally would never be the same......and it's not. I think in the last 2 years I've done about 3 trips locally with the rest of my time being spent up there, Fraser and beyond.
    So I guess that's another thing you can thank Keith for Tony........forever wrecking fishing around home!!!!!
    Muddy, Keith did warn me of those consequences, & damn it, he was right!!

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    Roger that !!! ... keep me in mind when your chasing crew mate ...
    that nirvana house is a ripper had a gr8 time stayed an extra night the girls were having too much fun ( or was it the boys wanted another fishing day lol ) got out to fitzroy for one overnighter and fished 30-40 km east of round hill another. didnt get the ideal weather but filled the freezer and had a wicked time with the family
    cheers mick

Thats awesome Mick.

Mate I love going up at easter for 2 weeks with the misses and kids every year but believe it or not hardly go out fishing because I enjoy it more on the beach with them than the fishing. Off course there is one overnighter thrown in at some point.

Mate I like the Fitzroy fishing better than anywhere and it's my pick of the reef for a day trip or an overnighter.

Ill keep in touch if we head up again in the next 3-4 weeks and let you know.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    Tony it was good to meet you..you are a red natural & i'm sure you will start getting a few up your neck of the woods soon..I did warn you before you came that apart from fishing we love to put shit on each other.
    I wish I was on board giddyup to see the keithstar & bobby show
    Mate, it was priceless. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time!!

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Back in Black,

Mate please... A fishing muppet..... What fishing muppet gets his own personal bag on reds (5) and trout (7) in a day????

You must think we are idiots!!! mate you go alright and out fished us on the second day hands down so your either an incredible quick learner or already a good fisherman. I know what one I have my money on.

Mate I haven't fished DI before but i'm sure if you use the same principles there as we use a little north on the rubble grounds that you will have instant success. it's no secret or rocket science their just fish.

Mate thank you for your kind comment and I'm sure I can speak for all the guys it was a pleasure to meet someone with such good quality's and morals (mate sorry i couldn't contain my mouth or language) and thank you for coming.

Keith
    Seriously Keith, if you go back through my offshore reports, you will see that I aint no real fisherman. I just love getting offshore & being on the water. Like I told you, fish to me is a bonus.

If you want verification of my lack of fishing skills, just ask Gav (Hookinin), he'll vouch for me. He's very similar to you, extremely helpful with his knowledge, & thats why I love having him on my boat.

The difference was this time I was shown exactly the necessary techniques needed for reds & trouts, & then you got us onto the fish. Thats what made the difference!!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by hilta1 View Post
    Maverick is a awesome looking rig, where is the house/shed that is in the pic of maverick? would love to get something up that way myself someday, it looks like a great set up. cheers Mark
    Mark, it's at Agnes. You can buy a 4 acre pad up there with a shed for 300k. A mate has just bought a block for 190k and is setting it up now with a shed and driveways.

Ive spent late 400k to get mine where its at but have definitely over capitalised from when I bought it. Its cheap up there compared to Brissy thats for sure.

Cheers

Great read and great pics.
    Well done guys

Stuck at Sunshine Coast trying to get the new GPS installed with not much luck the new one I bought was to big, you would think been a chippy I could read a tape measure, had to order the next size down, second time lucky and hopefully heading off the Breaksea spit on Thursday. Went for a troll off Noosa last Thursday instead.

Danny

Another great report Keith - good to see

I am off to Lady Musgrave this weekend for three days with young bloke and his little buddies - we might get a few fish too

Well done Tony - now a red and trout expert!

A great read and some useful tips there too - thanks
    Cheers

Trev

Keith, I gave Julie, my employee who met you at the gate the other day, a scaled & gutted coral trout, which she & her family baked whole last night. She was over the moon when I gave it to her, & she said to say thank you very much!!

I gave my office administrator some thick red throat emperor fillets for dinner, & Juna & I are having coronation trout for lunch. It doesn't get much better!!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Keith, I gave Julie, my employee who met you at the gate the other day, a scaled & gutted coral trout, which she & her family baked whole last night. She was over the moon when I gave it to her, & she said to say thank you very much!!

I gave my office administrator some thick red throat emperor fillets for dinner, & Juna & I are having coronation trout for lunch. It doesn't get much better!!

Tony
    Is does mate if Gormet Bob is cooking it.

Hey Banana/Soulfish
    I have lost count but somewhere between 200 Reds and 190 trout you may need another Yamaha to get out further?
    Hope to show the chunk a fish or two, if there is any left?

Gaz