Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clay Pigeon M&G Sat 7th December 2013

Re: Clay Pigeon M&G Sat 7th December 2013

Yeah mate, still on.

Count is currently at 13 and I have replied to everyone that has PMed me to confirm them as a definite.

I am chasing the club president ATM to get a start time and will let you all know ASAP.

Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by morphias View Post
    ..... I have replied to everyone that has PMed me to confirm them as a definite.
    Ben.
    Umm not quite everyone?

Clay Pigeon M&G Sat 7th December 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Umm not quite everyone?
    Crunchy...., take the hint mate.

The group probably decided that if you're as good at shooting as you are at fishing they didn't want the competition.....

Not sure I'm much competition in either of those pursuits! And to think I even tried to bribe my way in with ear plugs and safety glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Umm not quite everyone?
    Sorry mate - PM sent.

Had you down on my list though with your number.

Current count stands at 14 shooters and one observer + me.

Ben.

Ok guys,

The start time is 8:30am arrival for a 9:00am start on Saturday the 7th of December. Please try to be there on time and refer to the original post for the directions - call me if you are unsure. If you are running late or have to pull out, please call me.

Just a quick reminder:

* photo ID
    * bring sunscreen (best to put it on before you come or as soon as you get there so it has time to absorb in)
    * bring a hat - caps are generally better for this style of shooting
    * No singlets or open shoes. Sneakers or boots are the way to go as you will be on dirt, gravel grass, and if it has been raining; mud.
    * Drinks, snacks and booze are available at the clubhouse - no booze till you have finished shooting for the day. Feel free to bring you own drinks and food though.
    * The club has full card facilities if you don't have cash.

Crunchy has generously offered ear plugs and safety glasses. We have 14 shooters and one observer, so we will need 15 sets of ear plugs please mate. Can you please let Crunchy know directly if you will need safety glasses. Normal glasses and sunglasses are fine if you do not need/want, or cannot use safety; glasses.

Looks like we will be split up into two groups with Ian (one of the club members) running one and me running the other simultaneously.

If you have any queries, let me know...

Ben.

Looking forward to it Ben, a few good vid's on u-tube if like me your a complete novice and wouldn't mind learning a bit about it before the event...this guy is a bit of a ponce but he cracks me up...seems to know his stuff !

See you all tomorrow. Ben, do you know approx what time we will be finished?

Hi Cheech,

Should be done and dusted by 10:30-11:00am.

I'm hanging for a fish - have only been land based a few times this year and haven't been fishing off a boat since December 29th last year! Bloody work! I hope the weather goes our way for the mackerel bash in a couple of weeks.

Ben.

Should be a blast

You guys have a great morning. Sorry I had to pull out, Fridays flight got cancelled due to runway problems at Brisbane airport. Now coming home on Saturday.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Thanks for organising that Ben, thoroughly enjoyed it, sorry didn't hang around for your group to finish but had to get into some chores to earn a leave pass for tomorrow. Good to meet some A/fishers!

cheers
    C

Many thanks Ben.

A great way to spend a morning. Loud bangs, stuff shattering, smiles all round, I can see how this can become addictive. It's a real thrill when you see that target shatter.

Great to finally put faces to a couple of names too. Lauren said lucky we're not relying on her to hunt or we would starve pretty quickly, haha

I highly recommend if you haven't tried this give it a go.
    Thanks again

Cheers Nic
    That's a nice fish you caught... Do you mind if I use it for bait.

Yes, real good fun. I even managed to hit a couple of targets and no Ausfishers, although I looked like I was the largest target there, so thanks for pointing the guns in the other direction. Certainly the easiest to see in my bright aqua-green shirt.

Great to put some names to faces as you said, Nic. I'd like to do it again some time.

Thanks to Morpheus for arranging it.

this was great fun
    turning this
    DSC024371.jpg
    into this
    DSC024381.jpg

DSC024221.jpgDSC024531.jpgDSC024861.jpgDSC024941.jpgDSC025151.jpgDSC025731.jpgDSC026781.jpgDSC027051.jpgDSC027271.jpg

and the man himself showing us how it is supposed to be done
    DSC026351.jpg

(and i have evidence that he can miss......occasionally, which makes us all feel better about ourselves....)

a big thanks to Ben for organising it

G
    S***fish & chippy