Thread: Silver City G-Urushi

Silver City G-Urushi

This is a theme rod (not finished yet - 2-3 coats more of finish) to be auctioned off at the Batemans Bay Game Fishing Club Tournament in January, 2014. The theme is "From the Ocean to the Silver City" Ian Miller, is also building a rod for auction and his will represent the "Ocean" and mine will represent the Silver City. Broken Hill was names the Silver City because if had the biggest and highest grade silver ore in the world at one stage. I wanted the colours of the G-Urushi to represent the area and even hold some "opal" (really abalone shell).

I haven't finished the grips yet. It is going to have an anthracite flocked grip which will be something really different but will compliment the AFTCO black Unibutt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great mark.!
    Anthracite grips?
    You mean in colour?

Cheers
    Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Re: Silver City G-Urushi

Thanks Owen -
    Sorry about that - yes anthracite in colour (grey/black speckled appearance) over cork and yes, I will wipe that grubby fingerprint off the roller.

Really like how your doing your urushi's......Killer work

Thats very nice Mark, the colour scheme is better than the first one you showed everyone, i bet you will be busy doing a few more once the rest of the tournament guys see this one.

Mark , that is one of the best G-Urushi I have seen so far , the whole rod is outstanding .

Thanks for your comments guys.
    Chris I hope I do get a few orders from the Tournament guys but to be honest, there is a heap of work in these and I don't know if anyone could get away with charging enough to fully cover them.

More brilliant work Mark!!

Whoever put this crap on the forum needs a bullet!

Good to see, the forum hacker has been deleted.

What did I miss?

Mate there was a message came up that had nothing to do with the photos or rodbuilding at all. It's great to see the moderators are onto this sort of crap and get rid of it quickly.